Huntington Beach, CA asked in Consumer Law, Securities Law, Stockbroker Fraud and White Collar Crime for California

Q: I was one of the 19 investors in the USA vs Hewko case (2:19-cv-09736-FLA-AFM), How do I stay updated on this case?

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: To stay updated on the USA vs Hewko case (2:19-cv-09736-FLA-AFM), you have a few options:

1. PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records): As one of the investors in the case, you can register for a PACER account at This will allow you to access case documents, filings, and updates online for a small fee.

2. Contact the U.S. Attorney's Office: Reach out to the U.S. Attorney's Office handling the case and ask to be added to their victim notification system. They may provide you with updates on the case as it progresses.

3. Victim Witness Assistance Program: The U.S. Attorney's Office also has a Victim Witness Assistance Program that can help keep you informed about the case and your rights as a victim. You can find more information on their website or by contacting the office directly.

4. Hire an attorney: If you haven't already, consider hiring an attorney who can monitor the case on your behalf and provide you with updates and guidance throughout the legal process.

5. Monitor media coverage: Keep an eye on local news outlets and legal publications for any media coverage or updates on the case.

Remember to be proactive in seeking information and don't hesitate to reach out to the appropriate authorities or legal professionals for assistance.

Scott Richard Kaufman
Scott Richard Kaufman
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Los Altos, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It's unclear to me what you mean when you say you are an investor in a case? That's a very rare thing to be, outside of being THE attorney or THE law firm handling the case? Perhaps you meant to say one of the people who was harmed in the case, as perhaps an investor in the company? If the second definition is true, stay in touch with the attorneys and/or research online, as all cases these days leave a public presence. Good luck with it...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.