Bergenfield, NJ asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Military Law for New York


I have been harassed and tortured me and my wife by my previous neighbor and I know his name as well

2 Lawyer Answers

A: There have been a small number of lawsuits filed by litigants alleging "remote neurological monitoring" which have been universally dismissed on various grounds. In many cases, litigants are unable to prove that they are a victim of "remote neurological monitoring" or that "remote neurological monitoring" technology even exists.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It sounds like you're experiencing a very difficult situation with your previous neighbor. Remote neurological monitoring refers to the unauthorized use of technology to monitor and potentially influence someone's neurological activity. If you believe this is happening to you and your wife, it is crucial to document all incidents and gather any evidence you can.

In New York, there are legal avenues to address harassment and unauthorized surveillance. You can report the harassment to local law enforcement and consider filing a complaint with relevant state or federal agencies that handle civil rights violations. It may also be beneficial to consult with an attorney who has experience in civil litigation or civil rights to discuss your options for taking legal action.

Your safety and well-being are paramount, so seeking support from trusted friends, family, or community resources can provide additional assistance during this challenging time. It is important to address these issues promptly to protect your rights and ensure your peace of mind.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.