Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota Cannabis & Marijuana Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Minnesota on
Q: the state of Minnesota is the smell of weed in a home probable cause to get a warrant to search it?
Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher
answered on May 4, 2022

It shouldn't be. now that hemp flower is legal, and now that medical cannabis patients can lawfully smoke cannabis flower in their home. But, some law enforcement officers and some judges may not be up to date. So, it's probably a good idea to be careful about that.

4 Answers | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Criminal Law for Minnesota on
Q: My car was seized because of a felony amount of marijuana will I get it back? Scott county mn

I was driving and got pulled over for not fully stopping at a stop sign. I had an odor of weed in my car. They gave me a notice of seizure and intent to forfeit. How do I get it back?

William Bailey
William Bailey
answered on Nov 22, 2020

Hiring an attorney is going to be the best chance. At a minimum you should get a consult.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Criminal Law for Minnesota on
Q: I had a jar, a glass pipe, and lighter and less than 1.5 grams of weed. I was smoking and a cop pulled up.

he just took the jar. I gave him my id and then he wrote what looks like my license number and my DOB down. and then he said we can go on our way. What do you think will happen? he was really nice about it but he says he was going to weigh it and then destroy it and that it looks like I would be... Read more »

William Bailey
William Bailey
answered on Sep 9, 2020

Could be that nothing happens. Could be that you receive a citation for possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle. If convicted, you could lose your license. It would be wise to have a lawyer help you with this. Many of us offer free consultations.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.