Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Personal Injury Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on
Q: mysef and my son Elijah Martin are being severely mistreated and abused. I'm afraid for our lives.

Elijah lives in assisted living. He is paraplegic. I am disabled and made to fear for our lives

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Legal Malpractice for California on
Q: EMT could not perform job detail and worsened my injury

after 2 calls to 911 and aprox. 25 min, 2 5 foot female EMT and one firefighter arrived. I live 5 blocks from firehouse. the ambulance came from another county two towns away. They never gave me medical attention on site. they pushed and nudged my shoulder to get up and walk to their gurney, which... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law, Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Arkansas on
Q: I was fired after questioning employer about misuse of audio surveillance in my commercial truck. What are my rights?

Due to statements made by coworkers, I believed the front facing dash cam in my commercial truck, that I was specifically told did not have audio recording, was not only being misused but personal, intimate information that was being intercepted and was being shared and used to cause me extreme... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Texas on
Q: Will a surgery cause my father to loose his job and will the company be able to pay for part of the expense?

My father got a hernia with working at the refinery right now hes needing surgery for it, if he advises the company that hes going to get surgery because of the hernia he recieved working there will he have a chance of loosing his job and is there a way for the company to help with part of the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Personal Injury for New York on
Q: Consumption by Fraudulent Means. Is there a law against this in NYS

I was slipped an illegal substance in my drink unknowingly. There are witnesses. I later had my urine tested. It tested positive for thc. I have eye witnesses. This has caused me mental anguish and anxiety. Do I have a civil case?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 17, 2021

Yes. You have a battery case (as in assault and battery). However, if the person has no money, you may win but not collect. Also, if the only effect is anxiety be aware that courts require proof of mental harm, and some states have more stringent requirments.Contact a member of the NY State Trial... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Defense and Personal Injury for Texas on
Q: My husband was in a at fault car accident. Due to clerical error on the insurance side.

They where trying draft auto pay from a different form of method than I had set up. The insurance on my vehicle then lapsed 2 days before the accident. I received a letter from the adjusters stating they where covering the cost of damage and could take it to any mechanic to be fixed. A few days... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Personal Injury for Alabama on
Q: My son is in jail and he's been treated terribly while there what can I do. I have all of the documents that's needed

The information that's needed i can provide to show what has taken place

Nelson Craig Johnson
Nelson Craig Johnson answered on Sep 16, 2021

You should reach out to an attorney and discuss the specific actions that you believe the Jail has done wrong. This question is really to general to provide any substantive response.

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Oklahoma on
Q: I have several questions about excessive force by sheriffs office, my right being violated and false charges filed.

Long story but I was injured when arrest and my right I feel are being violet.

0 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Employment Law and Personal Injury for Ohio on
Q: Bit by dog at work, owner never filed report to police. Been 6 days and no vaccination records even. Should I sue?

Bite happened on the job. They didn’t think I needed to go to the hospital so I took myself the next morning for tetanus shot and got antibiotics. Work didn’t even contact the owner for 3 days to discuss attack. Been over 6 days and I have no vaccination records, no doctor bills paid and am... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Personal Injury for Alaska on
Q: If I have evidence, directly from the mouth of the defendant, that supports their guilt in a rape case and murder, can I

File a motion to intervene to help the victim gain justice if the prosecuting attorney refuses to hear the evidence to place it in front of the judge in a criminal case?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Illinois on
Q: Personal injury pro se law suit

I filed a pro se PI suit on 8-30-21 I have found supportive material, till which date I am allowed to file, summons are served and time given for defendends to appear or file

Charles Candiano
Charles Candiano answered on Sep 15, 2021

The way this works is you need to ask a question. If you are looking for an attorney to represent you, we all give free consults but do NOT expect a discount because you filed. You may or may not have properly drafted the Complaint and you may or may not have named the correct Defendant. If you... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Probate for Georgia on
Q: My husband recently passed away on August 13. Our primary address is in Floyd county ga. Married 29 years. He was at his

sister’s house when he passed.Between the hospital, his daughter and his sister, no one honored his Advance Directive DNR and my POA. He never wanted to be on a respirator which they did do .His daughter went after I presented all of this and got guardianship over him through a judge that she... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law and Personal Injury for Virginia on
Q: Can I sue a supervisor for making inaccurate statements about me that resulted in my firing?

Or can I sue the company for not training them and/or believing their inaccurate statements?

Long story short, I didn't do anything wrong in terms of company policy but developed a reputation for being in violation due to this issue.

I had a technology issue that made me appear... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for Washington on
Q: I am being sued for personal injury and cannot find anyone to represent me. "services" does not show defense.

Every single office I have called says they prosecute, but do not defend. How am I supposed to defend myself??

4 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Personal Injury for California on
Q: Can you help me sue my employer, the city of Oakland.

I have a workers comp case (Psych) as a result of bullying and threating by an operations manager. 1. I was retaliated against for filing a complaint (Denied a promotion, interference by Director of Public Works in the Workers Comp process) . 2. I was also harassed, discriminated against and... Read more »

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen answered on Sep 13, 2021

Unfortunately, this Q&A site is not a place to ask attorneys to contact you to work for you.

If you can prove you were harassed and discriminated against because of your religious beliefs, you may well have a meritorious legal claim.

Whether or not you would have a meritorious...
Read more »

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death on
Q: If an LEO refuses to perform first aid on a victim/suspect, can they be charged for negligence or other crimes?

I'm studying about various police forces around the world, and I would like to know as in Canada it is a chargeable offense for any appointed LEO official to deny basic first aid/care to a wounded victim or even a suspect.

Is there a duty for that California officer to act on this?... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.