Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
DUI / DWI Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Massachusetts on
Q: Have a bench warrant in PA and I need to get an MA ID because my old ID is about to expire. Will RMV check for warrants?

I have a bench warrant for FTA in PA from 10 years ago and I need to get an MA ID because my old ID is about to expire. Will RMV check for warrants? I have animals that depend on me and don't want them to starve if I'm arrested. If there's even a chance I'd rather wait until I... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for North Carolina on
Q: I missed a run test on my interlock device. As soon as I realized I missed the test I did what the device said

Pull over and blow. I passed the test and took many more tests throughout the night. Should I be worried?

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Michigan on
Q: hello and good day. in the state of Michigan

drivers license revoked because of dui will the applicant need a registered vehicle if approved?

Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers answered on Sep 16, 2021

Depends. Generally, the road to a license again involves a period of time with an interlock device ("blow and go") with a restricted license prohibiting the person from driving any car without it. So at least as a practical matter, the applicant would need vehicle access for which an... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Pennsylvania on
Q: I got a dui up in alaska about six years ago. Can I just go take my test in Pennsylvania get it back?first time offence

I did not complete the process to get my license back in alaska

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI, Real Estate Law, Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Florida on
Q: My DL was taken from me by a lawyer in 1994. I was in a car accident and it was my fault. DUI. And I can't pay

Is there a statue of limitation on this

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron answered on Sep 14, 2021

Have you contacted the Fla. Dept. of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to ask what you can do to reinstate your DL? Generally, DL suspension for failure to pay a money judgment arising from a car accident is up to three years. The statute of limitations is irrelevant - that's about deadlines... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Pennsylvania on
Q: Is it legal for the prothonotary and clerk of courts to send me a bill after paying close to 2,000 in fines on a 1st dui

I told them I didn’t owe them anything and made payments for 4 years probation but they said they will lien my house if I don’t pay! Odd thing is, it’s Already paid because I thought I was paying on the same thing. Then I noticed the amount wasn’t going down and that when they said I owed... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 13, 2021

Talk to the lawyer that represented you. You should get receipts for what you paid. If you paid by check or credit card, get copies of all of those.

Your debt is to the county. The question is how many debts did you owe the county--if you owed 2 or 3 and only paid on one, you still owe....
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Virginia on
Q: Can I get my dmv record expunged

I had a Dui in 05. The first one in 01 I believe. I'm wondering if I can get my dmv record expunged? If so how long does it take. Can I get iid off early can yall please send answer to my email. I can never find them when I post a question. Thank you

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI and Legal Malpractice for New Jersey on
Q: I need an affidavit of merit for a DWI and cannot get one because lawyer very well known

I have a malpractice suit against my DWI attorney, and I need an affidavit of merit. He gave me erroneous info and I ended up doing an extra 6 months without driving. He told me that I could not do interlock and suspension together. I went to put in the interlock and was told I should have done... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: Can I sue my attorney for dropping me, after I paid him $1500?

I paid my attorney $1500, then he dropped me. I had to pay ANOTHER attorney $1500 again. The first attorney should return my money. Correct? This is malpractice.

Josh Davis
Josh Davis answered on Sep 8, 2021

What does your contract with the first attorney say about the total fee owed?

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Washington on
Q: How do I "attend" a DUI class in TN if I live in Seattle?

Convicted of DUI in 2004 in TN. Want DL in WA. Need reinstatement in TN. All fines/fees paid. Need DUI class certificate. Online classes not accepted by TN. No "in person" classes in Seattle.

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Alabama on
Q: What can i do to fight a charge for minor consumption but have two medical issues that interfere with it.

I have GERD and Asthma . It caused me to fail a breathalyzer

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Virginia on
Q: What happens next

Ok I have a restricted license and asap made me pay them 400 just for a referral to this outpatient treatment. Well I was told twice a week I must attend. The intake lady did my intake and she filled in the answers over video chat. I asked her can I do the one hr class and do 4 weeks. Well she... Read more »

Shemeka C Hankins
Shemeka C Hankins answered on Sep 6, 2021

Unfortunately, ASAP has the control here. You are in the position of being at their mercy. Though the program should potentially be tailored to more individual needs as they say they are doing, most people are treated very similar and have to go through the same amount of time for their courses.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for New Hampshire on
Q: Can the authorities legally come to my home 2+ months after being charged with a DWI and they had allready confiscated

They took it the night of the arrest but returned it the next day and now there bringing papers to confiscate it again? Do I have to surrender it. Concord NH DMV hasn't even been informed? Please help

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI on
Q: Can the charges be dropped in court because of typo writing on paper for charge?

On paper titled “statement of alleged offence” it conducts I have broken the law of committing an offence against s.49(1)(f) of the road safety act 1986 claiming I drove a motor vehicle at excess of the prescribed concentration of alcohol showing my alleged readings but the law of the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI on
Q: Cab a Assistant from the District Attorneys Office sign paperwork as as a Judicial Commisioner/Majastrate for the jail?

Then the same ADA signs off 10 days later for the District Attorneys Office on same Bond, to revoke/change Bond conditions?

3 Misdemeanors, $16,666 EACH! $50,000 total bond. The defendant plead no contest to get out of jail. DA office had the Negative TBI Blood/Alcohol reort 2 weeks... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Oregon on
Q: 1. How do I get a dui and reckless endangermeant reduced?2. How am I able to get neglect taken off my record?

I was charged with a dui and reckless endangermeant while I was on my prescription medication I didn't have an accident but was swerving on the highway with my daughter in the backseat. I don't remember anything about the incident. I have much more details about the case and that day but... Read more »

Virgil Royer
Virgil Royer answered on Sep 4, 2021

First, and foremost, consider yourself blessed that nothing worse happened and your daughter is alright and safe, as are you. Second, the fact you "don't remember anything about the incident" is troubling. But, it highlights the seriousness of what occurred. The fact that you were... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.