Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Federal Crimes legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
New Hampshire Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for New Hampshire on
Q: What is the penalty for first time willful concealment in NH
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 16, 2024

In New Hampshire, willful concealment (also known as shoplifting) is treated as a misdemeanor for a first offense if the value of the merchandise is under $1,000.

The potential penalties for a first-time willful concealment conviction in NH include:

- A fine of up to $1,200...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for New Hampshire on
Q: If my son had his friend over and the friend stole a hand gun out of a lock box what could we be charged with.

The friend has changed his story 3 times already from saying my son gave them to him to he bought them from him or jumped him and took them

Leonard D. Harden
Leonard D. Harden
answered on Jun 5, 2021

It is impossible to know if any charges could be brought without more information. You should contact a defense attorney and provide more background.

It is always a good idea not to provide any statement to the police, indicating you have nothing to say is a good idea in almost all scenarios.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for New Hampshire on
Q: can a judge tell a married couple that they cannot be together. agaist there will, nothing to do with the case....

the only reason is because they are addicts. This cant be legal!

Leonard D. Harden
Leonard D. Harden
answered on Jan 4, 2021

If you and your spouse are facing criminal charges, a condition of bail can be no contact. It could also be imposed on many assault type cases involving domestic violence. In short a judge can in fact prevent contact between spouses, children or anyone.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for New Hampshire on
Q: What exactly is this charge? : Controlled drug act My friend got charged with this while being incarcerated

Controlled drug act.

My friend got charged with this while incarcerated, I'm not exactly sure what this means, if he was in possession of drugs, or if someone gave him drugs or what exactly happened & I can not ask him because he is in the hole. Thank you for any help!

Leonard D. Harden
Leonard D. Harden
answered on Mar 16, 2020

The Controlled Drug Act is where you will find all drug offenses in the NH criminal code RSA 318-B:

If your friend was in custody then it seems likely that he was found in possession or trying to get a controlled substance...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.