Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Constitutional Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Consumer Law and Construction Law for Washington on
Q: How do we take legal action against HOA board members?

Eight years ago a new member of our HOA joined the board of directors and immediately stopped the requirement to elect officers!

The illegitimate board continued to operate without officers for 5 years, running a smear champaign against the homeowners they didn't like and rewarding... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Consumer Law and Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: The HOA has three people who highjacked the board to control managemnt of the association! How do we take legal action?

My condo's wall, door and windows were demolished by a contractor without a building permit employed by the property manager! The building Department issued a stop work order because of action of the board and property manager!

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Communications Law, Constitutional Law and Internet Law for Missouri on
Q: There's a friend who knows what I'm googling on my phone. I'm guessing cop related any way to find out for sure

I'm not sure why she is around or what they are after. Anything I can file in court to find out.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for New Hampshire on
Q: Violation of privacy?

I have a court ordered class State of FL. District,civil case not criminal) attending in NH via Zoom. After speaking to my instructor on the phone she mentioned that she had a conversation with this specific court staff pertaining to me. I had never signed a Release of Information granting such... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Constitutional Law for Nevada on
Q: Hoe does this decision affect the right to purchase versus the right to possess?





No. 21-2835




0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Virginia on
Q: Do I have a constitutional right to talk to people on a public sidewalk? Are there any limits on doing so?

Regarding the First Amendment Freedom of Speech and Expression, do I have a right to approach someone to ask a question or talk about American politics, history or social policy? If they overreact negatively and call the police, can the police order me to leave or arrest me?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Constitutional Law for New Mexico on
Q: My son's so called 4th attorney, in NM, was the last straw. My son had no other choice but to accept the plea bargain.

He felt that since he never got professional or efficient counsel in his case. The 1st attorney we never seen his face, he had a prelim without my son being present. Then he removed himself from the case. The 2nd after months of trying to reach him, never got bk at him or our calls messages and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Constitutional Law for New York on
Q: Can I file a small claims case against a police officer?

Administrative errors led to significant financial burden.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: I recorded a traffic stop the police that I recorded followed me pulled me over was my rights violated
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Jun 8, 2023

There are no facts stated in your question which suggest that your rights were violated. Police routinely enforce traffic laws by making traffic stops.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Connecticut on
Q: My 15 year old child was detained by police for an alleged incident inside of a drug store, what are his rights and mine

Child was involved with another group of minors who were throwing items in a drug store. When leaving the store, police officers stopped and questioned my child and was told to call his parent. When I arrived, they asked for all our names and for me to show ID. I did not show ID, my child was... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Criminal Law and Constitutional Law for Texas on
Q: Can the judge or ADA make you remove, delete etc evidence of a crime ,someone else committed , and you exposed online?

The illegal activity was not done by the party asked to remove the post. A criminal court asked for the post to be removed. Not civil or federal, so it was not defamation

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Intellectual Property for Maryland on
Q: My brother and I are the victims of electronic harassment. What are my options in the ways of gathering evidence?

I understand the gravity of this claim. I can’t let fear lie in the way of asking for help. I have no proof other than a list of license plates that are stored in my photos, voice memos, etc that I haven’t compiled because I am constantly exhausted from the harassment. Other than keeping a list... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Business Law and Constitutional Law for Kentucky on
Q: My husband has an accusation against him and has been locked out of things while an investigation is moving forward - t

The company refuses to disclose the accusations and said in 21 days they will disclose upon findings in the meantime he is prevented from working. Is that legal?

What I should also say is he is the President of a Non-profit LLC

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jun 7, 2023

Yes. It is legal and you really can’t do much until the investigation is completed.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: Charge Overview and First Steps

My brother has been living with me for about 3 months and I have reason to believe he spit in my lotion after an argument thinking I wouldn’t know.

While I don’t have any physical proof this happened would the local PD be able to test it for his saliva?

What are the steps to... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Jun 6, 2023

What's your problem? Even if you, for some reason, ingest the lotion, do you really think that would infect you with some serious disease? No, it's obviously not worth your time.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Texas on
Q: How do you bring civil recourse against the person that victimized you if you agreed not to talk about them in a plea?

Does talking about them to a lawyer violate that ? Does filing civil or federal lawsuits break that plea? The plea happened in a criminal court

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.