Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
New Hampshire Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Small Claims for New Hampshire on
Q: How do I ask the Supreme Court of NH for permission to move contested items?

I'm selling my house in NH but the neighbor is contesting that some of the items are hers. The Circuit Court has ordered that I do not move the items but I can't close on the sale of the house if there are contested items in it. I filed a motion for emergency relief with the Supreme... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Small Claims for New Hampshire on
Q: How do I ask the Supreme Court of NH for permission to move contested property?

The Circuit Court ordered me not to remove the items but I'm selling the house and closing day is three days away. I filed a motion for emergency relief with the Supreme Court but it was rejected without prejudice. What am I missing in my motion?

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for New Hampshire on
Q: Under CT marketable title act can a person acquire land of the rightful owner by an error in the legal description?

The rightful owner acquired the land from the one claiming it 200 years ago and has transferred it over time continuously describing it in the same way calling for the grantors property. 40 years ago the ones claiming the land revised their legal description when they transferred it to themselves.... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Small Claims for New Hampshire on
Q: I asked a lawyer representing bellwether what my case file number was to make payments on there website

I got a response of they think I'm a lier and attempted to delay payments and threatened to file for contempt of cort order but didn't give me information to make payments whitch is only thing I asked in first place to pay the debt what are my repercussions against this attorney and his... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for New Hampshire on
Q: How to best protect my child in the event that something were to happen to me or false allegations were brought against

Mother in law told child she has choice in where she lives, child is 7 yrs old.

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for New Hampshire on
Q: Can I legally conceal carry my fathers pistol at the age of 21 from New Hampshire to main

My father has a pistol but I live alone at his house and travel for work I was wondering if I could legally carry it in New Hampshire and cross state boundaries with it registered to him

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Tax Law for New Hampshire on
Q: 529:26 Redemption. – Does the one year start on the day of the sheriff sale or when new deed is made?

This is a lot of land and What if money wasn’t transferred day of sale/auction and was paid for within 30 days of auction

Also where can I find other cases that have been through this

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 11, 2024

According to New Hampshire law RSA 529:26, the one-year redemption period for a foreclosed property starts on the day of the foreclosure auction sale, not when the new deed is made.

Specifically, RSA 529:26 states:

"The mortgagor or record owner may redeem the real estate by...
View More

0 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law for New Hampshire on
Q: Can I get my family dog back from my ex girlfriend?

I bought a purebred puppy 5 years ago that just myself paid for and it's just my name on the purchase and sales agreement from the breader.. My ex girlfriend of seven years decided that she was going to move out and she took the dog that I bought for the family which includes my 2 kids . The... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for New Hampshire on
Q: Homeowners insurance bad faith claim?

Need to find a lawyer.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 14, 2024

A New Hampshire attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. Attorneys here can't reach out to you. But you could supplement your own searches with the tab above called "Find a Lawyer" and the referral sections of local or state bar associations. Those... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for New Hampshire on
Q: I broke a tooth on an olive pit left in a salad. Over $10,000 for extraction and crown. Is Restaurant liable?

Server told me it happened to her when she ordered that same salad, but it didn’t break her tooth

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law and Criminal Law for New Hampshire on
Q: What should I do if I was scammed out of money from a Google App store Forex site? They commited fraud and deceived me.

I was trading Forex from a Website that was Fraudulant. Do I need an Attorney or hire a Refund Recovery Team? Where should I file complaints? this company was supposedly located in Virginia. Found out they are probably in another country. Help?

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law and Construction Law for New Hampshire on
Q: How can I get my money back?

I hired a contractor to build an addition on my house, the parts he built were structurally unsafe and he caused more damage to my property (it rained and he never covered my roof so it poured in my house for 4 days, he told me "its too much of a hassle to tarp the roof"). He said he had... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Family Law, Real Estate Law and Tax Law for New Hampshire on
Q: i inherit a joint revocable trust from my parents and im the only trustee can my brothers take me to court to take it

can they claim ownership? can i get removed even tho its an irrivocable trust ?

Linda Simmons Campbell
Linda Simmons Campbell
answered on Apr 30, 2024

A trustee and a beneficiary are not the same thing. You can be both the trustee and a beneficiary or there can be one or multiple beneficiaries and this may not include the trustee. A trustee is responsible for managing the trust. A beneficiary is the person(s) who will receive the assets of the... View More

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for New Hampshire on
Q: I need to file a brief as a tenant appealee to the NH Supreme Court of a District Court decision that is wrong

I feel the judge ignored all the rules concerning habitability when she made her decision against me. I had numerous evidentiary articles, including photographs and inspection notices, that shows the landlord let this place go to literal crap.

One was a hole in my roof that leaked water... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.