Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Civil Rights Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Civil Rights for New York on
Q: It’s been a month & a half since I was illegally evicted from my apartment. Am I still able to attempt sue my landlord?

I want to sue my landlord for illegally evicting me, not contacting me to let me know about mail ive received there (with proof of delivery of a couple things),for emotional distress, for consistent use of intimidation and scare tactics both virtual and physical, attempted defamation of character,... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Business Law, Civil Rights and Employment Discrimination for Oregon on
Q: I was accused of destroying company property. The property that is being claimed I destroyed was 484 Recyclable hangers.

I was fired from my previous job due to claims of breaking and destroying company property. (484 clothing-hangers) I come to find out that many of my colleagues have broken hangers in this facility but was never chastised for those particular hangers. I am also filling a racial discrimination... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on
Q: mysef and my son Elijah Martin are being severely mistreated and abused. I'm afraid for our lives.

Elijah lives in assisted living. He is paraplegic. I am disabled and made to fear for our lives

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Legal Malpractice for California on
Q: EMT could not perform job detail and worsened my injury

after 2 calls to 911 and aprox. 25 min, 2 5 foot female EMT and one firefighter arrived. I live 5 blocks from firehouse. the ambulance came from another county two towns away. They never gave me medical attention on site. they pushed and nudged my shoulder to get up and walk to their gurney, which... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Tennessee on
Q: Stalking harassing neighbor

I have a neighbor who I think was trespassing on our land for a long time..then when we cleared trees and started to develop a dwelling the neighbor has done the following: rising atvs all day up and down the front of our property on a road right in front of us for hours on end. They cleared trees... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for New Mexico on
Q: If I still had an open criminal case with a judge. Can that judge be my judge in another Court. Would it be consider

I never even been in front of him for children court. Even though he order on my custody hearing, adjudication hearing, ex parte custody ,one of them no date. Vacated my adjudication. Would that be considered judicial misconduct? In criminal court it was a conflict of interest but I chose to keep... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights, Landlord - Tenant and Small Claims for California on
Q: How to file an Appeal for limited civil case in a unlawful Detainer eviction Just cause. Possession of property.

Couldn’t remember if I was supposedly served by summons UD around time I was severely sick or if I found it on my door as landlord had posted 2 violations of lease. Minor noise an corrected it. And stated number two. I asked. They brought number one noise complaint 3 days apart after being a... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law, Family Law and Civil Rights for Indiana on
Q: How can I have my brother committed, and keep him from leaving AMA? He is currently in a mental health facility now.

He is abusing Adderall prescription and doctor shops, he is combative and had the police called on him to take him to the hospital

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Civil Rights and Employment Discrimination for Oklahoma on
Q: How far back legally can taco mayo in Oklahoma go on a background check?

My bf was denied a job at Taco mayo from a domestic back n 1999-2000

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights for California on

NOW WHO do i sue when the Quality of software is now perdition of my next movement conduct the RESONATE of Radio Frequency. This has to be dealt with since it is SLAvery. Who do i sue?

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Intellectual Property for California on
Q: Exploited By CAL EVID DIVISION 8. CHAPTER 4 ARTICLE 9 1041, When can the discloser of how ? Since Iam the Source,info?

EXPLOITED by the Police and educational institution for research. Invalid For the conduct of the law enforcement or academic to processed in this manner. Further more the impoverishment upon me with the time elapse people tend to stay away from you and now i am what? What can i Do to get this... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Insurance Defense, Criminal Law, Business Formation and Civil Rights for Alaska on
Q: can I see my insurance company for the roadside services neglect humiliation degradation and pasta work enviro.laughing

Can I sue for hostile work environment and civil rights being taking humiliated and degraded in front of the company 3 workers who think it's ok to treat someone in a emergency like that

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Kentucky on
Q: Can an officer charge you with possession after the vehicle gets to the impound lot and he goes later and "searches" car

After the vehicle sat there after first tow truck "couldnt haul it" then another tow driver hauled it to their tow yard and seen my guns in my vehicle and called the officer and had him come back out to his tow yard and then they supposedly did a search and found "drugs!" While... Read more »

Leland Hulbert
Leland Hulbert answered on Sep 16, 2021

Inventory searches are semi-protected under the law. It really depends on the facts and what probable cause the police had and if anything was in plain view. I think you need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for California on
Q: Employer wants employee's medical info without medical release, is that legal?

Employer wants to know specific medical information about employee. Employer and employee have not consented into any release of medical information about employee? Is this a violation under HIPPA and california state law?

Nancy J. Wallace
Nancy J. Wallace answered on Sep 16, 2021

This is listed in WORKERS COMPENSATION so I'll have to presume there is an on-the-job-injury and the worker has placed her physical condition in issue requesting treatment and disability payments; when there is a WCAB Case Number, the subpena service can get those records because the injured... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.