Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
North Dakota Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Libel & Slander, Personal Injury, Employment Law and Civil Litigation for North Dakota on
Q: Was suspended the day prior to personal leave for something I did not do. Terminated the following day while on leave

I did not do what I was accused of doing. Manager and HR director on Teleconference while I was driving to my destination while on leave. The circumstances of my employment were complicated, and I believe I was targeted for termination, and harassed during my tenure. Would like to know if I have a... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for North Dakota on
Q: Can I file harassment charges against someone who repeatedly slanders me?

I have been stalked by a woman who has called my employment costing me my latest job. Has made multiple calls to police trying to get me arrested, and she will boost about how she is going to ruin me. Im so tired of this person can I do anything to protect myself?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 30, 2022

Yes, you can ask for a restraining order if you can show that you are facing credible threats.

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for North Dakota on
Q: My ex made a false Craigslist ad about prostitution and he used my picture can I sue him?

My ex made a false Craigslist ad about prostitution and he used my picture. He sent it to his coworkers and now I'm being harassed. Can I sue him?

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Dec 18, 2017

Yes. Whether the damages that have occurred justify getting a lawyer, however, is fact-dependent.

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for North Dakota on
Q: My ex made a false Craigslist ad for prostitution with my picture on it, can I sue him?

My ex made a false craigslist ad about prostitution and put my picture on it. He sent it to his coworkers and now I'm being harassed about it. Can I sue him?

Nicholas Nelson
Nicholas Nelson
answered on Feb 26, 2018

Quite possibly. I would need to discuss with you all the facts and circumstances before rendering further advice.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for North Dakota on
Q: This guy has two friends and he borrowed his truck to one friend, can the other friend call that truck in stolen.

The truck my boyfriend was driving got pulled over for being reported stolen. But the owner did not make the stolen report. How do I get him out. Do I tell police the owner did not report his truck stolen. What happens

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Aug 17, 2017

You do not speak with the police unless your goal is to give them information that would hurt your case. You pay the bail and your boyfriend challenges the charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.