Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Georgia on
Q: Questions about Non-Consensual deathbed photos?

This begins with my Uncle who was omitted into the ER after he went into the Hospital for a common checkup.

He was immediately induced into a coma, due to Respiratory Concerns, and passed away Weeks after.

Now my Interest, or rather Confusion begins with someone completely unrelated... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for California on
Q: I want to find out if I have a case for slander, and or defamation

I have a sister who has and possibly still is continually send damning messages to my wife trying to get my wife to divorce me, and saying and claiming things about me.

I would like to show some of these messages from my wife's phone, and see if something can be done.

James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
answered on Sep 23, 2022

Talk with an attorney about your options, including, possibly, seeking a restraining order. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Libel & Slander for Florida on
Q: I need help finding the right lawyer... I don't know which one to talk to about a faults DCF claim against me...

There's other things my family has done to me that I need help with... Thank You!!!

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for California on
Q: Is there anything I can do about the father of my children, n his girlfriend trying to defame me on social media.

Last year I went to jail for child abuse. It was lies! i never even been to jail before. Long story short I was working one day my ex was watching my kids and I came home from work and my youngest son had little bruises all over his legs and arms I was told that my other children which are the same... Read more »

James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
answered on Sep 21, 2022

Claims for defamation can be difficult to get off the ground (due to protections related to free expression, etc.); that said, you may have a case. Additionally, if the behavior is abusive or harassing, you may be able to seek a restraining order. Speak with an attorney near you. [I litigate cases.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Libel & Slander, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Criminal Law for California on
Q: Hello Sir in connection to my earlier question what can be done about my medical records being deleted completely.

It has also been shown that my medical information has been completely deleted from my online portal my username my password has been completely erased by vertue of the fact that I phoned the company that maintains the ephi to all of the medical information for the respondent I spoke to a person... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Business Law, International Law and Libel & Slander for Virginia on
Q: Can I be sued for sharing a true experience ar a franchise on youtube?

In 2018, I was attacked unprovoked and traumatized by the manager of a 7-eleven. Stress reaction from my body crossed me to have to be taken in an ambulance to the hospital. Where I was treated with morphine. I even recorded some of it on my phone because I was physically weak at the time and in... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Elder Law, Family Law and Libel & Slander for Washington on
Q: My sister spreads false tales about me abusing my mom by spending her money. What do I do?

Mom moved into my house because she spend 16 years alone after dad died. I let her move in and it disrupts the family because Im her favorite and they are not. Mom made me POA and she went with us all over. Everything we did mom was with us and gave approval. Since 2016 my sister tells everyone Im... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for Idaho on
Q: Is there a warrant to put a tracking device on your vehicle on hear say?

Would a judge sign a warrant to place a tracker on a person’s vehicle on hear say affidavit of convicted person to lessen their conviction?

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Libel & Slander and Family Law for California on
Q: Can a social worker ignore an expungement and say that someone never got their record expunged even if they did.

My kids were taken away because a social worker said I wasn’t within my right to decline a drug test because I am a felon with a narcotics offender title, even though I have had an expungement for 12 years. She said I don’t and that I still have it on my record and took my kids away because of it

James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
answered on Sep 18, 2022

More information is needed. Speak with a local attorney. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and representation.]

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Libel & Slander and Domestic Violence for California on
Q: Today the local News made a false post listing my spouse as a violent sexual offender. He has never had a sex charge.

He was sentenced yesterday to 20 yrs for domestic violence, I am the victim. Labeling him as a sex offender carries a huge risk for his safety, as well as my own. Is there any recourse?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith PRO label
answered on Sep 18, 2022

If it is a matter of public concern (as it seems to be) there are constitutional considerations. The statement would have to have been made with actual malice. It must also be provably false and that the news company either (1) knew it was false or (2) had a reckless disregard for its truth or... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Libel & Slander and Personal Injury on
Q: While handcuffed and in the cop car, a State Trooper shot me twice in the chest. Now they suing me. 1983 lawsuit?

An officer, not the one that shot me, is suing me for negligence. He says I ran him over. They are trying to justify shooting me. I have tons of proof. I have 9 pages of evidence from KSP and everything is stamped “destroyed”. They started the suit 6 months before I got out of prison and never... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Libel & Slander and Small Claims for Arizona on
Q: I am enquiring about suing someone for emotional and psychological stress.

Someone who i had been dating severly abused me both emotionally and psychologically during the relationship through being dishonest, cheating, lying, intentionally stonewalling knowing it caused severe emotional and psychological trauma. Upon discovering her dishonesty she proceeded to get a order... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Libel & Slander for Tennessee on
Q: Is it unlawful that GA dealer sold me MY car “only if” I purchased Car shield and national auto & gap ins? I live in TN.

I was forced to purchase these extras and they made me sign 4 diff contracts. Every time I would sign one they would change something and send another one. Hey would say the finance company would only agree if they add this and that. Making my total nearly $65,000 after interest. Originally the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Illinois on
Q: I have avideo of me on social media thst I believe could be considered harassment or defamation but the video is bad

I was in the state of Illinois to do what I admit was illegal but it was a citizen sting operation as in no police involved. It was recorded and posted on social media I believe that this is harassment or maybe even defamation so I asked the individual to remove it but he responded by Insulting me... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Criminal Law, Libel & Slander and Wrongful Death for Texas on
Q: My so was wrongfully convicted double jeopardy and also denied when he filed for an appeal.
John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr.
answered on Sep 15, 2022

Not sure what your question is. If you can ask exactly what your issue or question is I will be glad to answer for you. Otherwise please call my law office or another experienced criminal attorney for an appointment. Please have the appeal decision ready for any questions.

Good Luck!

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Health Care Law, Libel & Slander and Medical Malpractice for California on
Q: what can I can I do when I recently discovered that a former healthcare worker posed as a Nurse Practitioner.

when in actuality he was a Registered Nurse and in his false compassity he made diagnosis, prescribed medication, made refferal's, all under the guise of being a MD and the way I found out about this charade was from the

BRN and not only that this perpetrator disclosed my PHI... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Libel & Slander on
Q: So I bought this car from a guy for 5k, the car broke down the very first day I got it, is there a way to get my money

Bought this car from this guy and turned out to be a broken car, can I demand my money back in any way

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.