Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Medical Malpractice legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Rhode Island Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Health Care Law for Rhode Island on
Q: What can I do in regards to a false lab tests results at a clinic I attend ,it has made me extremely upset and worried

False results leading to other questions about my medical information that is completely not true

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 14, 2023

A Rhode Island attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. If the lab and referring doctor responded to the error promptly, it's possible that could have averted actual damages occurring. A local attorney could advise more definitely with additional details - the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Health Care Law, Landlord - Tenant and Medical Malpractice for Rhode Island on
Q: i went to the emergency room a month and a half ago , I had an infection in my testicle

The ER sent me home with an antibiotic, which the pharmacy would not fill because it would cause a severe. Reaction to my every day medication, I called my Doctor, left them 4/5 messages, I also informed the doctor through the portal what was going on. In the mean time the infection is getting... View More

Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
answered on Mar 22, 2023

The facts you relate have the earmarks of a valid legal malpractice that should be investigated. You should consult with experienced medical malpractice attorneys in your state. You can search for such attorneys on this website.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Rhode Island on
Q: I believe my school misdiagnosed me with the flu when I really had the coronavirus.

I was sick with flu like symptoms in late February. I came to believe that it was a possibility that I had the coronavirus. I got tested and it came back positive. When I was sick I went to the doctors at my college. They asked my symptoms and wrote me a note saying it was the flu without testing... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 2, 2020

A Rhode Island attorney should advise you on this, but your post remains open for four weeks. In terms of the legal action you ask about, a fundamental issue will be the extent of damages/injury you suffered. Another issue that could arise here is the large number of resources out there that... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Rhode Island on
Q: How long does a doctor's office have to reply to my request for an appointment?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 7, 2020

This isn't a legal question; it's a personal decision. If you believe the delay is an indicator of a poorly run office, it could be a sign for you to look elsewhere for a doctor. If you believe the practice is run by a good doctor that everyone in town lines up to see, and that the delay... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Rhode Island on
Q: Can a name be change post judgement to jane doe to protect medical information of the plaintiff?
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
answered on Nov 30, 2014

The documents that were filed were not filed under seal or as an alias ? Then they are public documents. Speak with your attorney about petitioning the court to seal the documents in your particular case for best advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.