Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Medical Malpractice and Small Claims for New York on
Q: What kind of lawyer do i need for failed Invisalign treatment by a dentist?

I was not injured by the treatment but the issue the dentist failed to fix(misaligned bite) causes me constant discomfort. He has prolonged this miserable feeling by wasting a year of my time with shady treatment. He accomplished nothing and refused a refund because he “saw nothing wrong”. A... Read more »

Jeff D. DeFrancisco Esq.
Jeff D. DeFrancisco Esq. answered on Jan 23, 2022

You would want a medical malpractice lawyer that handles dental malpractice claims. Not as many medical malpractice lawyers handle dental claims because malpractice litigation is extremely expensive and usually dental malpractice claims have limited damages. The concern with dental malpractice... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Medical Malpractice and Native American Law for Nevada on
Q: Already sent
0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Medical Malpractice for Nevada on
Q: Can a hospital staff without consent administer the COVID 19 vaccine if they can’t find immunization on file?

I got in a serious car wreck and broke my sternum, some deep bruising And other injuries. I was taken to umc trauma stayed over night was released the next day and my discharge papers read that I was given the Pfizer COVID 19 vaccine administered by this admission for not having immunization on... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Colorado on
Q: If i have a medical malpractice against a dr. and or hospital that happened in Seattle Washington, and i live in Colorad

My insurance sent me to Seattle Wa. for a complete hip replacement and i ended up with a deadly infection in my bone 1 month later and had to have emergency removal! was in hospital for 7 days, had to get cement spacers put in place of my new hip. i had to give myself antibiotics thru a I.V. daily... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Medical Malpractice for New Jersey on
Q: My tenant is running an illegal medical spa out of my condo. Her rn license is suspended. She is injecting botox.
Morris Leo Greb
Morris Leo Greb answered on Jan 23, 2022

Send a notice to cease and desist in accordance with NJ statutory requirements. If you not familiar with the statutory requirements, consult with a local real estate attorney.

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for California on
Q: Surgeon terminated me 4 days before overdue hip surgery cuz I (no foul language) disrespected his employee.

No warning. Found out by accident when tried to reschedule required Covid test. They say I will get letter. Am now in no-end-in-sight limbo & ungodly 24/7 pain. Feel punishment far outweighs “crime.” Is this patient abandonment? Filing formal complaint a joke in California.

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Florida on
Q: An xray report I dictated and released to QA, who further released, was altered/corrupted since my e-signature was added

I am a teleradiologist and dictated a report using dragon software. The report as it appeared on my laptop was complete and accurate. I released the report text to the QA and proofreading department or editing, proofreading and correction. QA is to send any report back to me for correction prior to... Read more »

Q: What is criteria to file a malpractice claim in the state of Indiana?

The doctor misdiagnosed my injury, delayed my treatment, and altered my restriction paperwork with my knowledge. Which I believe all of these act to be intentional base on audio recordings of our conversation ( the doctors contradictions on treatment) this was all due to my former employer who... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for North Carolina on
Q: How should we proceed pro se when the Orange County clerks lost my son’s original complaint?

He filed a negligence complaint against 2 specialists at UNC CHAPEL HILL when nobody called or messaged or wrote a letter or any notification that his latest X-rays showed a completely new diagnosis, congenital bilateral hip dysplasia. We accidentally found the diagnosis ourselves while preparing... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Illinois on
Q: Parental rights of adolescent child in Inpatient Behavioral Center

Is there a website to explain the parental rights we have if our child is in an inpatient behavioral center?

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Health Care Law on
Q: What legal recourse do I have for a pharmacy refusing to dispense my prescription until I could confirm a negative test?

No other the stores in the chain were practicing this protocol.

I was in a drive up window posing no threat.

I received an alert the day before that the mediation was ready for pick up

The police was called and stated I had to leave the property or be arrested.

No... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: I have a permanent disfigured and in pain arm caused by a hospitals malpractice. Who would I contact to sue the hospital

I live in GA and it happened in the GA/SC Aiken area I believe, It has been a very long time as I was injured when I was a small child, and I now am 19 but my arm is still very clearly disfigured. It was broken and when my family took me to the hospital, they put it in a cast, but never put the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for Arkansas on
Q: Doctor uses drug for off label purpose. Pt dies. Is this malpractice?

Golytely given as laxative to patient with bowel obstruction possible rupture. Stool passes, bowel dies, patient died.

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for North Carolina on
Q: Can a hospital or E.R. medical employee be found negligence in not providing the accurate care for a patient?

Patient had high blood pressure and was brought in with Covid19. Is there medication that are to be given to high risk patients? Dr. Said they could not continue to run in every 45 minutes to give the patient CPR when he was going to be brain dead if he even survived.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice on
Q: A PWD since 1997, for what reasons can a doctor or family member confine me WITHOUT my express consent? Is this free?

I have been under medication since 1997. Been to a few rehabilitation centers since 2009. Somebody has warned me that my family wishes to confine me again. I live alone, clean the house, do grocery and cook my own food, do my own laundry, am mobile as well as rational financed by family. Was upset... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for Arkansas on
Q: mother-in-law died May 2021 after hospitalization for bowel obst. Hx of colon resec. They gave Golytely. Her bowel died

In the drug insert for Golytely she had 4 of the top reasons not to use for her. They also put it down a feeding tube which it says not to do. Her first CT scan was suspicious of a perforated bowel we were told. Is there anything we can do to change their process? Felt like the nurse that put down... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.