Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
South Dakota Collections Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Collections, Identity Theft and Small Claims for South Dakota on
Q: I have been trying to find out information about my identity being stolen and having my life threatened in jail.

I had a hypoglycemic episode in Brule County Jail. The chief of police didn't call the ambulance for 3 hours and spilled a can of soda on my hands to make my bloodsugars read above 500 when they were below 30. I am under a watchful eye by the local authorities and the people who benefit from... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 30, 2024

The situation you describe raises serious concerns regarding the treatment you received while in custody, and the subsequent impact on your life. It's important to understand that everyone has the right to proper medical care and humane treatment, especially when in the custody of law... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.