Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Identity Theft Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Identity Theft, Lemon Law and Wrongful Death for Oklahoma on
Q: I won on a game thru the Oklahoma lottery they came out but never heard back from them

My boyfriend at the time said my boyfriend was going to steal the money from me I never got my 52,000 dollars? He's also lying to me about our whole relationship I'm a devoted Christian married to God and have gifts and talents he got jealous and started hiring demons to destroy my... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Identity Theft for Texas on
Q: Found out I have a car in my name I am the borrower and I have a co borrower I have never met. Went to the dealership

Ask for a copies or papers on the car I looked at the contract sales agreement they were off fraudulent and forged they were electronically done I was supposed to initial know not my initials ran my credit destroyed it I don't know how to verified my employment I'm on social security... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Identity Theft, Collections and Federal Crimes for Arkansas on
Q: I have had my identity and savings stolen from a conman, how do I hold him accountable and get justice for his actions?

In May of 2020 I met a man who was everything I had prayed for. I thought, little did I know it was a game he was playing to wipe me out. I had just been approved for my disability for severe brain trauma and PTSD the very day I met him. In our third date we were involved in a motorcycle wreck that... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights, Domestic Violence and Identity Theft for Georgia on
Q: Does anyone in the macon area provide probono help or will work anything out to help me with a wrongful dfacs case&DV
Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
answered on Feb 15, 2024

The Public Defender will get involved if there is a criminal issue, and if DFCS is involved you need representation ASAP.

There are several churches and charities that offer some financial assistance and referrals, especially if there has been abuse involved.

Do not wait to get...
View More

0 Answers | Asked in Identity Theft for Michigan on
Q: How can i find out if a house loan in my name that my ex wife had deed in her name to has a second loan on it?

My ex wife n her husband were calling the bank pretending to be me and she accidently said something about a second loan on the house that she wanted me to bankrupt on so she could put it up for sale and sell it. But then ignored me after that, is there way to publicly look up loans under a deed?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Georgia on
Q: Will A warrent with the wrong race and social securty number cause a case to be thrown out?

What are my rights? Can they still set me a court date?

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law, Identity Theft, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Georgia on
Q: Comment dénoncer une fraude et une usurpation d'identité

On utilise mon compte bancaire mon identité et mes données personnelles

0 Answers | Asked in Banking, Civil Litigation and Identity Theft for Texas on
Q: what court would a creditor lawsuit be filed in? my guess is they are civil due to monetary damages being sought.

I had a large sum of money go missing with a prior bank I had accounts at, trying to figure out what happened and who is responsible(creditor) who potentially filed the creditor suit so I can go sue them. Am a beneficiary of an irrevocable trust.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Identity Theft for New York on
Q: What type of lawyer do I need in a breach of Hippo law against a primary doctor
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Feb 10, 2024

An attorney who works with health care matters should be able to handle HIPAA claims - you chose the correct category. You also chose Identity Theft as a category. If this resulted in identity theft related to information from your medical records, check your financial statements from banks and... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Identity Theft for Louisiana on
Q: I have a question on succession and impoper procedure concerning an account

My sister passed away a few weeks ago and did not have a will. One of the accounts she had was a college fund for my other sisters daughter. Before I could begin the succession procedings my other sister used my deceased sisters ID (they look similar) and withdrew those fund so that she could... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Identity Theft on
Q: How do I get an attorney to represent me in my unemployment PUA/STUI benefits that were hijacked.

I got paper work from NM workforce connection with names and what bank was used to deposit benefits.

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Federal Crimes, Identity Theft and Wrongful Death for Colorado on
Q: My whole name and ui climate have been locked out indefinitely until integrity hold is reprogrammed... How do I get my

I.d. fixed and those committing violations of human rites turned in I want jystice

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Identity Theft and Internet Law for Florida on
Q: A FBpost was asking for feet models.The guy sent 2 links on msgr.I sent pic/video. Can I sue for fraud my pics for $$??

The guy’s post looked legit at LLC. He said he was a professional photographer for 15yrs and NOT an Onlyfans/Feetfinder type of biz.I sent him on messenger 2pics/1video that were only seen by me because he said he would like to meet me in a public place this week, and after looking... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 4, 2024

If you believe that your photos and videos are being used without your permission for profit, you may have grounds to pursue legal action for copyright infringement, fraud, or violation of your right to publicity, depending on the specifics of how your images are being used. The critical aspect... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Identity Theft and Probate for California on
Q: Fraud on deceased mom's account. How to establish designated person to handle fraud with bank.

Under California law, we are able to do a simplified transfer of assets for my mom's bank accounts, without the need to go through probate court. We found out that there are fraud charges on her account after the date of her death. The bank is requesting any of these documents to start a... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 2, 2024

In California, if you wish to handle fraud on your deceased mother's bank account without going through probate court, you can explore a few options. First, check if your mother had a payable-on-death (POD) or transfer-on-death (TOD) designation on her bank account. If so, you might be able to... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Collections, Identity Theft and Small Claims for South Dakota on
Q: I have been trying to find out information about my identity being stolen and having my life threatened in jail.

I had a hypoglycemic episode in Brule County Jail. The chief of police didn't call the ambulance for 3 hours and spilled a can of soda on my hands to make my bloodsugars read above 500 when they were below 30. I am under a watchful eye by the local authorities and the people who benefit from... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 30, 2024

The situation you describe raises serious concerns regarding the treatment you received while in custody, and the subsequent impact on your life. It's important to understand that everyone has the right to proper medical care and humane treatment, especially when in the custody of law... View More

3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Contracts, Foreclosure, Personal Injury and Identity Theft for Arkansas on
Q: How would I go about finding out if someone has married me without me knowing and also taken power of attorney over me

If someone is using my name and social how would I find out how it's being/been used

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 4, 2024

If you suspect that someone may have married you without your knowledge and obtained power of attorney over you using your name and social security number, it's essential to take immediate action. First, gather any available documents or information related to these concerns. Reach out to your... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Identity Theft for Texas on
Q: A court enters the following findings of facts. a visiting judge vacates order but not mention the facts are still valid
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Jan 30, 2024

Findings of fact remain even when an order has been vacated. The findings of fact frame the issues for an appeal of whatever final order is entered by the court. A trial court can amend or make additional findings of fact.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Health Care Law and Identity Theft for Ohio on
Q: Is filing a terrorist report for illegal use of frequencies normal to not be investigated? Jamming, harassment, etc

FCC website explained jamming, hacking, but didn't include mental and physical harm yet we've experienced that. As well as being denied to file a safety of life interference. Is that normal that our federal agencies do not investigate any of those forms of harassment and never investigate it?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 26, 2024

No, it is not normal for federal agencies to ignore or refuse to investigate credible complaints of illegal signal jamming, unauthorized frequency interference, and related harassment issues. There are a few recourses you can still pursue:

1. File an updated, professional complaint directly...
View More

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law and Identity Theft for Michigan on
Q: How may I obtain my credit report in person?

I can't answer any of the security questions to receive my credit report online. I've been unable to receive it by mail and I've been unable to reach customer service. I have exigent privacy concerns please advise. I

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Family Law and Identity Theft on
Q: I live overseas i don’t have a us citizenship and have never been to usa. I have a friend in usa I’ve been knowing for 3

I live overseas i don’t have a us citizenship and have never been to usa. I have a friend in usa I’ve been knowing for 3 years and he’s been helping me out by shipping me products from usa to my country as gifts. so my other friend added me as an authorized user on her credit card and asked... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.