Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Admiralty / Maritime legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Ohio Admiralty / Maritime Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Admiralty / Maritime and Municipal Law for Ohio on
Q: What if the defendant enters written bond into the case before the plaintiff can is that a dishonor?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Sep 30, 2019

Based on the limited facts, any admiralty/maritime issues involved were not clear.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Real Estate Law and Admiralty / Maritime for Ohio on
Q: How do I ask an Ohio court to determine if a water way is or is not "navigable"?

It is my understanding that you are allowed recreationally use (kayak) navigable water ways in Ohio so long as you don't trespass on private land. I have legal access to a stream deep enough for kayaks, if I can get a court to answer if the stream is a "navigable" water way I will... View More

Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
answered on Apr 9, 2018

You possibly could file an action for a "declaratory judgment" with a court. There might be different definitions of "navigable waters of the US" that have been determined in different court rulings applying EPA and other federal and state laws and regulations. A definition... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Admiralty / Maritime and Criminal Law for Ohio on
Q: What does it mean when a person is indicted for theft and there is no discovery or nothing in the discovery?

Can a case be dismissed for due process violations such as being questioned by police without

Miranda warning no affidavit bye the person claiming harm no discovery and excessive bail without having a trial by jury and being harmed under color of law?

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
answered on Dec 4, 2017

That's a lot to unpack. What happened?

First, Miranda warning are required only if the police intend to use the answers to questions they ask during a custodial interrogation. If they didn't question you, don't need your answers, or you were not in custody when you were...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Admiralty / Maritime and Family Law for Ohio on
Q: I need help with my birth certificate and certificate of live birth

I heard that a "certificate of live birth" is different than a "birth certificate". From my understanding you get your "bc" from your "colb". So they are different. Do I need a lawyer to retrieve mines? Thanks for any help

Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
answered on Oct 17, 2017

A Certificate of Live Birth is just the 'full' name of what most people call a 'birth certificate, and many states have slightly different names for the same document.

The state where you were born has the record, and you can get a copy from that state's bureau of vital...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Admiralty / Maritime for Ohio on
Q: Why is Maritime law used in U.S. County Courts instead of Constitutional laws

Being as an entity is "born" and is then given a "Birth Certificate" in CAPITAL LETTERS insinuating this entity to be a "Corporations" therefore not a living breathing human being, and this entity is charged under a crime of Maritime law on land not sea, because the... View More

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
answered on Dec 8, 2014

Constitutional issue can be argued in any American courthouse. Your question is very confusing and demonstrates clearly that you do not understand the system you are dealing with. You should hire an attorney to help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.