Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alabama Cannabis & Marijuana Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Alabama on
Q: My car was impounded in a residential parking lot parked, and the person that was sitting in the car was arrested.

He was “ high” and the keys was in reach of the person sitting. So they impounded my vehicle because he sitting in it this is in Tuscumbia, Alabama

Nelson Craig Johnson
Nelson Craig Johnson
answered on Aug 3, 2021

I am not sure exactly what your question is, if you reply and clarify I would be glad to answer. I assume your question is about how to get your car back. If you know which law enforcement agency impounded the vehicle you can call and see if they will give you release instructions. If you do not... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Alabama on
Q: Was being served papers at my home when answered the door the officer seen parafinalia

On table and found small amount of marijuana. I was arrested for misdemeanor parafinalia and misdemeanor possession. Can I get this dismissed?

Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field
answered on Sep 24, 2020

It’s very possible. While this falls under the “plain view” exception to a warrantless search, many counties in Alabama have a PreTrial Diversion program that allows for the dismissal of the charges once you complete the program. I’d find a good criminal lawyer and ask them about filing out... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Federal Crimes, Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Alabama on
Q: Will I go to prison for a class c felony of chemical endangerment of a child for a first time offense ever in my life.

I have been charged with possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and a class c felony of chemical endangerment of a child due to having bongs and pipes and marijuana.

Kyle D Pierce
Kyle D Pierce
answered on May 29, 2020

Probably not, but you certainly could. You need to immediately retain a criminal lawyer.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.