Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Kyle D Pierce

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Alabama on

Q: We are having difficulty getting the board to answer our request to see the books and vote for wind coverage. Help?

The board has denied the president the right to hold a special meeting and they refuse to let anyone view the books for condo association

Kyle D Pierce answered on Oct 16, 2016

An attorney would need to review your condo association bylaws to give a specific answer, but the Association generally would be unable to prohibit a member from viewing the books.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Alabama on

Q: What happens if you have sex with your spouse after he filed for divorce?

My husband filed for divorce on July 1. He has since come back to the house and has had sex. Does this have any consequences to his filing?

Kyle D Pierce answered on Oct 16, 2016

I would doubt it. It might have some effect if the divorce was filed on fault based grounds, which generally does not happen in Alabama any longer. You would need to contact a local family law attorney to explore your options and represent you in the divorce.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Alabama on

Q: Me and my wife have been split up for three years . She had a child , am I legally responsible for that child even tho

It's not mine

Kyle D Pierce answered on Oct 16, 2016

If the child is not yours and you did not adopt the child, you are likely not responsible for any child support payments. However, a local family law attorney could examine your situation to give a more definitive answer.

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law for Alabama on

Q: My niece is living with my Mother and is verbally abusive and unstable how do we get her out?

My Mother has a bad heart and I fear for her life. My niece is a drug addict and unstable she stabbed my Mothers mattress but the police say they can not use that because Mother let her move back in afterwards.My mother is 77 and it takes so long to evict someone I fear Mother will not make it.

Kyle D Pierce answered on Oct 16, 2016

Consult a local attorney concerning a restraining or protective order. Your Mom may be able to get a temporary one to protect herself immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.