Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
California Nursing Home Abuse Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for California on
Q: If I suspect mistreatment at my father's nursing home do I still have to pay the monthly charges?
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq. answered on Feb 18, 2017

You should report elder abuse to the police. You may be able to sue for breach of contract if you're the person who formed the contract for your dad's care. It's best to first try to resolve the matter with the nursing home, if possible. More details are necessary to provide a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for California on
Q: can you tell me if CA has a financial limitation on nursing hone wrongful death
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jan 13, 2016

There are time limits. If medical malpractice is also involved, that deadline may be shorter. These cases are complex and should be handled by a lawyer familiar with nursing home negligence. I know lawyers in CA who are familiar with these cases; if you'd like, I can put you in touch.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for California on
Q: Is there any legal recourse for POA when Assisted living releases his mother,who dies,to an unauthorized family member
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 25, 2015

More information is needed. Talk to a local elder law or nursing home negligence lawyer.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and it may...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.