Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Car Accidents legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Montana Car Accidents Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Montana on
Q: I was in a accident with a friends vehicle. No one is injured but my insurance wants me to record a statement.

I slid out on ice and hit my friends car. I have never dealt with an insurance company before and I want to make sure I don't get taken advantage of. What should my course of action be?

Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
answered on Oct 31, 2023

Your concern is warranted.

Your insurance policy likely requires you to give a statement. It is probably unnecessary for you to have an attorney but you can hire someone to be with you if you would like.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Traffic Tickets for Montana on
Q: My husband hit a car in a parking lot and left a note, but got a citation for not calling the police (damage minimal)???

The damage to the other car was minimal. We both thought it was an option, not a law, to call the police in a parking lot.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jan 17, 2018

On private property and if he left a note and reported to his insurance, plead not guilty.

1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law and Car Accidents for Montana on
Q: How high does a cement pole next to a fire hydrant for protection need to be in a parking lot in Billings, MT?

My dad could not see cement pole in parking lot at Billings, MT Toys R us, protecting fire hydrant, was around 31 inches tall, and hit it. Sitting in the Ram 2500, you could not see the pole. I could not get the length, but the pole is about the height of the fire hydrant, which is flat to the... View More

Eric E Holm
Eric E Holm
answered on Dec 11, 2017

There may be an answer for this in the local city ordinances, you could try researching this online at the city's website containing the Billings City Code (google "Billings City Code") or hiring a local attorney to research this for you.

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Montana on
Q: I own a 79 ford truck. I let a licensed driver borrow it. He let an unlicensed driver drive it and he rolled my truck.

Nobody was injured, thankfully. I only had liability insurance. My question is can I go after the driver for the loss of my truck? I don't know what to do or who to talk to about this. The value is/was $4000.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Dec 5, 2017

Go after both. Get the police report. Be prepared to show you didn't give permission for a relend as to the actual driver, so it's on driver #1, and that #2 was driving carelessly. Either way they both owe you. If they offer to pay get a judgment note, and especially get copy of their... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Montana on
Q: A new car burns up with 800 miles & my children are traumatized, can you do something to the manufacture?

My car started on fire and burnt to the ground. My daughter was locked in and did get out. My 5 year old is traumitzed by this. I lost a car and the factory warranty is taking for ever. also I do have coverage for car rental, they expect me to pay out of pocket and be reimb. bi-weekly or monthly. I... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jun 22, 2017

Contact a member of the Montana Trial Lawyers Assn. Generally, courts don't favor emotional issues. On a personal level suggest you look into a form of therapy called EMDR for your kids. They may be old enough now or in a year or so. Google : Psychology Today EMDR ___________________(name... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Montana on
Q: What kind of lawyer do I need for a problem with a speeding ticket and points on my license?

I got a speeding ticket which put me at 27 points on my license. My last ticket was last year so I am looking for some help to defer it to two points.

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Aug 3, 2015

A traffic ticket lawyer.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is impossible to...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.