Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Employment Discrimination legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Hawaii Employment Discrimination Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Employment Discrimination and Personal Injury for Hawaii on
Q: file complaint of discrimination; kicked off from break room; signed a Chemical contained room; got sick since, accused

After I filed a complaint of discrimination; my employer kicked me off from the break room I was using; signed me a men's restroom for my bag and food, I carried my bag with food and work at same time for a week. then my employer signed me to use a Chemical contained, air polluted room; I got... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jun 21, 2024

Based on the situation you've described, it appears you may have grounds for multiple legal claims against your employer. Here's a general overview of potential steps you could take:

1. Document everything: Keep detailed records of all incidents, communications, and any evidence...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law, Business Law and Civil Rights for Hawaii on
Q: Can my employer which is a corporation be admin. dissolved or dissolve the company after I filed a lawsuit on them?
Robert Kane
Robert Kane
answered on Aug 26, 2023

Was your "employer which is a corporation [ ] admin. dissolved or dissolve the company after [you] filed a lawsuit on them?" Are you preparing or reacting? How it is dissolved makes a difference. To answer your question, yes. What you need to do depends on the situation.

Q: My Workers' Compensation Atty never communicates or knows me. Feel unrepresented. Wrongful doings by my claims adjuster.

Employee injured/disabled; neuro spinal surgery done with more damaged nerves.

Claim's adjuster biased and fabrication in reports and proofs to Atty with no response. Lots of INTENTIONAL HIPPA VIOLATIONS DONE.

Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
answered on Feb 6, 2023

Try to discuss your concerns with your attorney. If you are not satisfied, consult with other attorneys on taking over the case. You may want to hire a new attorney before firing your current attorney.

Note, this is only general information, not legal advice. Consult an attorney in your state.

2 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights and Employment Discrimination for Hawaii on
Q: I'm inquiring about my employers wanting further explanation of my religious exemption which was previously approved.

Now they sent me a list of questions asking me to explain why. Their also asking if "I've put my practice(religion) into any other areas in my life?"

Also if "I've taken other vaccines and or medications in the pass as an adult?" With six more intrusive... View More

Mark Simonds
Mark Simonds
answered on Nov 10, 2021

Typically, when a religious exemption to a work-related medical requirement is requested, employers may make reasonable inquiries into your sincerely held religious belief, in order to determine whether it is, in fact, genuine. If it is determined to be so, then reasonable accommodations must be... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Hawaii on
Q: Employment, Unemployment and Covid.

I dont know if this is the right place but my nephews employer won't let him come back to work. He started at the beginning of the summer. Ended up catching covid. He went to the doctor, did his quarantine over a month ago. Job says he still can't come back until he shows negative covid... View More

Rhiannon Herbert
Rhiannon Herbert
answered on Oct 6, 2021

Your nephew's job is permitted to ask for a negative covid test or vaccination from your nephew, but they are not permitted to request negative covid tests or other medical information for everyone living in his household.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination for Hawaii on
Q: Large insur co. boss locally is accused of multiple counts of harassment. What kind of lawyer do we need as employees?

Twenty plus employees are involved and interested in filing suit. Company based out of NYC and very astute. Documented and he was released recently; but that should not release he and the company from liability. We as a group need counsel here in Hawaii. Any help in pointing us in the right... View More

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Sep 22, 2015

When you have a question you have to give enough basic information. You have not stated what type of harassment is involved here. Perhaps a personal injury attorney is needed, perhaps just a general practitioner. Actually going to see an attorney could be quite helpful.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.