Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Elder Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Idaho Elder Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Elder Law and Family Law for Idaho on
Q: We believe that my 93 year old father in law is being co-erced by his live in girlfriend.

He has given her power of attorney, gave her all of his bank accounts to her , and changed his Will by removing his daughter as executer and his son as co-executer. Replacing them with his girlfriend and her daughter. Now he has stopped calling and she refuses to give him any messages when we... View More

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Nov 2, 2022

You have the right to step in and be concerned. The problem with Powers of Attorney is that they are easily drawn and signed, by the weak and feeble. A much more stable, unalterable instrument to have when your loved ones need help, is a Guardianship / Conservatorship. Nobody is able to get a... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Elder Law for Idaho on
Q: If I get Guardianship/Conservatorship over my father's estate what happens to the Power of Attorney

that my father gave his live in girlfriend ?

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Nov 24, 2022

It will instantly VOID the Power of Attorney he gave the GF!

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Elder Law and Probate for Idaho on
Q: My sister recently resigned as guar/consr. She is withholding all dads mail and I know she's hiding something.

What can I do?

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Oct 18, 2020

Has a sister to one of the future devisees, you have the right to demand a copy of the checking account (or anything else) and if she does not comply, you simply file a petition for removal.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Collections, Elder Law and Probate for Idaho on
Q: I am the administrator of my mother's estate. I recently found out that my brother had been using her cc. What do I do?

I was only recently appointed by the court, so the cc has gone to collections with a balance of $10k+. I have notified the sheriffs dept. I am closing out her final bills, but don't know how to proceed with this one as he continued to charge against the card after her death and they... View More

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Jul 6, 2020

Your brother has committed a crime "abuse of the elderly" and because you are the Administrator of the estate, you must act like a cop to catch "over-reaching," "fraud or outright theft" of "estate" property. When your mother died, another legal... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.