Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Insurance Defense legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Mississippi Insurance Defense Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Mississippi on
Q: Ins is contacting the repair company I got an estimate from after I have demanded them to not contact them, what to do?

This is the ins of the vehicle that rear ended my vehicle and they are trying to negotiate the repair shop down and have them do the work in a manor that is not to the proper course of repair and bring my vehicle back to pre-loss condition.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 7, 2023

A Mississippi attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. It's not uncommon for insurance carriers to be in contact the collision shop. The property damage adjuster could be interested in seeing the damage up close. Good luck

2 Answers | Asked in Insurance Defense, Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Mississippi on
Q: Guy ran a stop sign causing me to hit him. He was 100% at fault. It totaled my vehicle. He has full coverage insurance.

The insurance company does not want to pay me. Also stating that I owe them money. Is this right? They've sent me a demand letter.

Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
answered on Jul 13, 2023

It definitely sounds like you need to get with an experienced personal injury lawyer to talk about the facts and circumstances of this case, especially since your vehicle was totaled and the other driver ignored the stop sign. Feel free to reach out to any lawyer on here by clicking the contact... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense for Mississippi on
Q: Can I still take my insurance to court and it count, even though I got it two days before my court date?
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
answered on Apr 18, 2021

It really depends on the judge. Some judges will toss out a charge if you've acquired insurance since the ticket, while others will oftentimes make their decision based solely on whether you had insurance at the time that you got the ticket.

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Insurance Defense and Mergers & Acquisitions for Mississippi on
Q: I have been to several rehabs and have good insurance each time that paid for it in all. Now the rehabs are sending me

Bills not ins company now I get a claim letter I mail for bankruptcy what does this mean please please help me

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 23, 2020

A Mississippi attorney would be able to advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. From what you describe, it's possible that your insurance carrier became insolvent and went into receivership. This is only a guess because you mention that the billing facility mentioned... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Mississippi on
Q: I have to send proof of insurance to the state of Mississippi so my license dont get suspended. Who would I send that to
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Mar 30, 2020

The notice saying you need to send proof would say who it is. If your license is in Mississippi it would be to the department of driver licensing. Your state police should be able to tell you.

Good luck!

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense and Probate for Mississippi on
Q: Is va life ins considered part of estate? And what is the beneficary to do?
Baskin Lowber Jones
Baskin Lowber Jones
answered on Feb 3, 2018

The first question to ask is whether there were beneficiaries selected on the life insurance policy. If there were the life insurance proceeds often pass directly to the beneficiaries listed on the policy in the amounts listed.

If there are no surviving beneficiaries, or the form was not...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense, Car Accidents and Workers' Compensation for Mississippi on
Q: I was in a bad wreck while on divery for pizza inn they post to have auto insurance on me but didn't so are they liable
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Sep 1, 2017

You want to check with a member of the Miss. Trial Lawyers Assn/Assn for Justice who handles comp--they give free consultations.

You would have a claim but it's not the type of claim that's going to give you relief, now.

So get the consult because your type of situation...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.