Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Libel & Slander legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Hawaii Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Hawaii on
Q: My ex's brother is clinically insane, obsessed with me (cause he finds me a threat) and threatens to ruin my life by con

My ex's brother is clinically insane, obsessed with me (cause he finds me a threat) and threatens to ruin my life by contacting my work, landlord, other ex's, etc.

The most recent incident resulted in the brother being flown back to the mainland with his parents.

I live... View More

Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
answered on Jul 5, 2023

Note that I am not an Hawaii attorney. Based on your narrative, it sounds like you likely have grounds for a protection order (assuming HI has anti-stalking protection orders). However, barring your stalker from an island is going to depend on facts that you have not shared. In Ohio, for... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Hawaii on
Q: Why cant I find a workers comp, attorney in Hawaii? almost 3 years now

I had them up to 35k without one. They denied, delayed, blocked a legit claim. Now Im destroyed.

Tim Rose
Tim Rose pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 27, 2022

Check out they have many attorneys in Hawaii that service workers' compensation claims. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Personal Injury and Libel & Slander for Hawaii on
Q: A person accused me of stealing computer they left in the bathroom. My friends said she was coked out. Can i sue her?

They confronted me in the bathroom and saw me exit without their computer where they said they left it. They retuenes ans bothered me at my cafe table. Then they had the cafe workers ask me if i stole the computer. Then they called the police about it and i was asked to be seaeched. They called it... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jun 20, 2017

You can sue, but if they have no money, then you'll spend a lot to end up with a piece of paper that's worthless.

Suggest you look for a different place to hang out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.