Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Legal Malpractice legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Maine Legal Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Legal Malpractice for Maine on
Q: What should I do when a lawyer knows that my case could've been won?

I had an attorney for another law firm tell me that when they worked for my trial lawyer they looked at my case and they told me that my trial lawyer "screwed me over". my trial lawyer filed a motion to suppress evidence but never showed up, the motion was because I was held at MMC in... View More

Hunter J Tzovarras
Hunter J Tzovarras pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 10, 2023

The procedure for challenging a conviction due to errors by trial counsel is a post-conviction review for ineffective assistance of counsel. Once the post-conviction process is final in the State court, you can file a petition for review in the federal court. There are strict time limits for filing... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Constitutional Law, Domestic Violence and Legal Malpractice for Maine on
Q: Invalid prenup became valid in retaliation of reporting fraud by attorney.

My first attorney verified to the Overseers of the Bar our prenup was invalid and I lost the benefit reporting him for writing a handwritten order with my signature forged on it, which gave my husband, defendant full control of our finances.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jul 17, 2022

What is your question?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Legal Malpractice for Maine on
Q: In 2008 /09 I did loan modification, they never told me I was doing a new loan adding 10 more years ....
Fred Bopp III
Fred Bopp III
answered on Dec 27, 2020

Have you carefully reviewed all the paperwork you received and/or signed at closing and does that paperwork fail to disclose the additional 10 years? If it was properly disclosed, then you would likely not have a viable claim.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Identity Theft, Legal Malpractice and Medical Malpractice for Maine on
Q: How to stop identity theft, mail theft and fraud, forgery, medicare/ins fraud, medical malpractice, deprivation of life

no equal protection by police depts sometimes not even a police report (concealment, aiding & abetting perpetrators), closed out cases sane day without investugatiob, targetting individual based on gender, class, discrimination, retaliation, intentional harm, professional misconduct, failure... View More

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Jun 3, 2018

I am sure they think you are mentally ill. You need to prove them wrong. You need to seek out a psychiatrist they know nothing about and have at least three sessions. Then provide the authorities with the proof and they may listen to you

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.