Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arkansas Military Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Arkansas on
Q: Does the misdemeanor Possession of sexually explicit digital material disqualifies me from military
Paul E. Tennison
Paul E. Tennison
answered on Oct 4, 2019

Speak with a recruiter. They understand what will disqualify you from military service and what will not. These requirements change overtime and sometimes they can secure waivers to allow enlistments that would otherwise not be allowed. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Military Law for Arkansas on
Q: My violation is 5–23-308... Can I still serve in the Guard? Or purchase a firearm?

Currently still serving in the national guard. As far as JAG and what I’ve found it’s a toss up on whether I can stay in or not.

James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
answered on Dec 1, 2017

You should be able to stay in the military. This is almost the lowest misdemeanor in Arkansas. You should be able to clear your record though depending on how long ago this charge was put on your record. I think you should contact an attorney and talk about this. Jim Hensley. Conway AR

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Military Law for Arkansas on
Q: Class C felony forgery keeping me from enlistment of military

When I was 19 I got convicted for class C felony for forgery and the state of Arkansas is the one that picked up the charges when the owner dropped the charges. I was in the National Guard at the time and the guard said they couldn't do anything about it it has now been six years later and... View More

W. Whitfield Hyman
W. Whitfield Hyman
answered on Sep 30, 2017

If you get a pardon from the governor you might be able to reenlist, otherwise you would need to do a writ of error coram nobis because it has been so long.

A writ of error coram nobis is available for addressing certain errors that are found in one of four categories:

View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Military Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can I mount emergency lights in my POV only lights non sirens. I'm military police and just wondering if I can.
Robert Donald Gifford II
Robert Donald Gifford II
answered on Jul 27, 2017

Most civilian jurisdictions (state or municipal laws) disallow this on non-official vehicles. I would check with your local law enforcement before doing so.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.