Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Nebraska Immigration Law Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Nebraska on

Q: been out of f-1 status for 3 yrs can I get in trouble for applying at the same school will they verify lawful presence

Stephen Baird answered on Dec 5, 2014

If your F-1 status has lapsed, your SEVIS code will be invalid, and the school will discover this during the application/enrollment process. This may also alert USCIS to the fact that you're still in the US and may cause them to look into your current status, a process which will likely end in... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Nebraska on


Gus M. Shihab Esq answered on Nov 27, 2010

Dear Madam,

If ICE has a hold on your husband you could request a bond hearing for his release if ICE would not release him. The attorney representing your husband would have to show that he is eligible for some sort of relief from removal. If your husband has US Citizen Children and his...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.