Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nebraska Insurance Bad Faith Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Nebraska on
Q: With commercial auto insurance (both parties commercial vehicles) is loss of use covered?

Garbage man hit my equipment trailer that I use daily. I had no choice but to rent one and it’s been over a year and at faults insurance still has paid out a dime. It took them 8 mo to deem a total loss and now only wants to pay for 14 days of rental fees and no loss of use. I’ve spent nearly... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 30, 2021

A Nebraska attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. As a general matter, it could depend on the terms of the policy. Vehicle property damages are generally limited to parts/labor for repairs or market value for geographic region, with rental for a limited and... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Nebraska on
Q: Insurance company for the at fault party is refusing to pay for damages resulting in their insured being at fault.

My company’s utility trailer,that is essential to operate my business, was totaled by garbage truck. It was a hit and run. It’s been nearly a year and the at faults insurance is refusing to pay anything but a small fraction of the money my business is out. They refuse to show any paperwork for... Read more »

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Aug 19, 2021

If you were in a motor vehicle collision and the other insurance company is offering to pay less than the damages, then it may be time to retain an attorney and pursue legal action for the damages. The Court will generally order the party to pay reasonably related damages. The party not at fault... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Insurance Bad Faith and Sexual Harassment for Nebraska on
Q: Can I get the school district to pay for outside counseling for my daughter, after being sexual harassed by a teacher?

The teacher is being investigated by the police, he has resigned and admitted to his wrongdoing. Charges have not been filed yet.

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Mar 9, 2021

Maybe. Contact an attorney to assist with the case. This could potentially be a service offered or a term of a settlement agreement.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Nebraska on
Q: I just got served a summons praecipe. Do I contact the lawyer or the hospital to make arrangements?

The insurance company was suppose to pay the hospital. It was due to an accident

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 14, 2015

Best bet is to ask the lawyer handling your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.