Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Military Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Nebraska Military Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Education Law and Military Law for Nebraska on
Q: Under what circumstances might a person still be under the legal custody of their parents at 18 years old?
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jan 26, 2023

If you live in Nebraska, the age of majority is 19 years old. Thus, an 18 year in Nebraska is generally still in the legal custody of their parents. One exception to this would be if the 18 year old is legally emancipated by court order.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Identity Theft and Military Law for Nebraska on
Q: This is my father and he does this to me. Please help me.

I have recordings

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jan 9, 2023

Your question doesn't give any details as to you or your situation. If you believe a crime has been committed, you may need to file a police report.

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Nebraska on
Q: Is there a way to get out of the army national guard without penalties and it stuff being put on my record??

I am 19 and in the army national guard and don't want to be in anymore it was a mistake when I signed the papers when I was 17 and I want to know if there is a way to get out of the army national guard without there being a penalty or anything put on my records

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Nov 9, 2015

You need to have a full discussion with a local military law attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.