Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Foreclosure Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Nevada on
Q: In a nonjudicial forclosure case. Can a lender hire a third party servicer to work under the lenders name?
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 30, 2023

In a nonjudicial foreclosure case in Nevada, a lender can hire a third-party servicer to work under the lender's name. This is a common practice among lenders, as it allows them to focus on their core business of lending money, while outsourcing the tasks associated with foreclosing on... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure, Real Estate Law and Bankruptcy for Nevada on
Q: Am I allowed to represent my mother whom I am power of attorney for in foreclosure in nv
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on May 9, 2018

Yes, so long as it is a general power of attorney that specifies dealing with real

Estate as part of your powers.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Nevada on
Q: My timeshare cancel period is one day late, how can I cancel my timeshare

They mislead me and did not ever advise me of my rights to cancel till it was too late . I am 1 day late because I was on vacation and didn't fully read till I returned home. They even lied about how much I made to the credit care company, it Wyndham ,

Michael Hales
Michael Hales
answered on Sep 27, 2017

You may have some options. I wrote an article on this subject for the state bar association that you may find interesting. You can find the article at And feel free to let me know if you have questions.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Tax Law for Nevada on
Q: Is a settlement awarded to victims of unlawful foreclosure practices, resulting in loss of real property, taxable?

The attorneys general for 49 states along with the federal government reached a Settlement with SunTrust to provide relief to eligible borrowers who lost their homes to foreclosure between January 1, 2008, and December 31, 2013. I am one of these eligible borrowers. On September 30, 2014, the... View More

Zaher Fallahi
Zaher Fallahi
answered on Feb 21, 2016

Since August 1, 1998, generally, settlements and awards for only “personal bodily injury” is exempt from taxation under the IRC 104. I think your case should be looked into, and am not sure if you are eligible. The information presented herein is for general purposes only. It is not intended... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.