Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Libel & Slander legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Nevada Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Gaming and Libel & Slander for Nevada on
Q: What do I do if I have been falsely accused of committing a crime at a bar?
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jun 21, 2024

If you've been falsely accused of committing a crime at a bar, here are some steps you should consider taking:

1. Remain calm and do not discuss the accusation with anyone except your lawyer.

2. Do not speak to the police without an attorney present. Politely inform them that...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander and Medical Malpractice for Nevada on
Q: A med pro wrote a mental eval with direct lies in it One is obvious enough in court I think: Is that libel/malpractice

It was for a monetary position and I think the report was edited before being sent to me verses the report sent to the decision makers in the situation. So she basically changed my medical records before sending them to me *after taking steps to keep me from seeing the report at all. There are... View More

Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
answered on Dec 20, 2018

It is neither liable or legal malpractice. It may be another tort and you may be able to add your own notes to the record.

Even if we discuss your case further, I will not be your attorney until we both sign a fee agreement. There are strict time deadlines so that you must file your...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Libel & Slander and Medical Malpractice for Nevada on
Q: Guidelines for Confidential Settlement ...

Orthopedic injuries to growth plates were conclusively discovered through CT Scanogram on June 6 2016, but there is also diagnosis of PTSD from pre-existing conditions dating from 2015 and 2016, based on behavioral symptoms.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Mar 7, 2017

PTSD isn't usually worth much.Injuries to growth plates could be. Contact a member of the Nv Trial Lawyers Assn --they give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for Nevada on
Q: this person has created a slanderous website against me , what can I do?
Ray Beckerman
Ray Beckerman
answered on Sep 4, 2014

If you have an actual defamation claim against them, you can sue for damages.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.