Gaming Q&A by State

Your current state is Virginia

US Territories

  • Puerto Rico

Show More States »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Gaming Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Gaming, Intellectual Property, Patents (Intellectual Property) and Trademark on
Q: Hello! Thank you that you have this option. I used the inscription "PUBG MOBILE" on the photo. And my account was ban!

I don't know can they delete my account only because I use these 2 words

Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta answered on Dec 29, 2021

You can contest the ban, ask for explanation.

I am not familiar with the meaning, but if it is related to a registered brand you may have infringed on somebody's rights.

Consult with an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming for Florida on
Q: Are local gambling facilities in lake county (clermont city) FL, legal?

Are cash machines and or game rooms legal in lake county Florida

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Dec 11, 2021

You should ask the county.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Business Law, Gaming and Small Claims for Nevada on
Q: My hand was smashed extremely hard between two glass doors at a casino entrance. What's the right way to handle this?

Is there a liability on the casino I should be addressing since this may be an issue on something they should look into.

Thirty days later and my hand is still soar. Nobody there seemed to be of concern. I asked to speak to someone about it and I was asked rather rudly if I needed a... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Nov 20, 2021

A Nevada attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. I'm sorry for your accident and injuries. At this point, you could reach out to attorneys in your area to discuss in further detail. Most attorneys who handle injury cases offer free initial consults. Good luck

1 Answer | Asked in Entertainment / Sports and Gaming for Mississippi on
Q: Can I place a sports bet at a casino in Mississippi for a friend?

My friend isn’t able to travel to Mississippi so I was going to place a sports bet for him. Is that okay?

Hiten H Patel
Hiten H Patel answered on Nov 16, 2021

No. Also, the casino will not allow you to place a sports wager using another persons name.

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming for Florida on
Q: FLORIDA: What is the limit for a prize I can give for winning a music bingo game?

I play music bingo for a bar and we give token prizes to winners. We advertise that this is a NON-GAMBLING event. It is, but I would like to give better prizes. Is there a limit to the value of a prize for a non-gambline event such as mine?

Michael  Mayoral
Michael Mayoral answered on Nov 2, 2021

Review the relevant Florida Statute 849.0931 -

"(5)Except for instant bingo prizes, which are limited to the amounts displayed on the ticket or on the game flare, a jackpot shall not exceed the value of $250 in actual money or its equivalent, and there shall be no more than three...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure, Entertainment / Sports, Gaming and Trademark for Georgia on
Q: I would like to get this company together for the first few months and then I’ll get it to up and running in no time

I have a question about how my life would be if I got this company and how much money would be made for my future and family is it sure success in the business or what I do need to know if I going to make my money back in wholesale or whole period

Linda Liang
Linda Liang answered on Oct 7, 2021

This question is very general. Many issues you need to address to stay out of trouble. The most common matter is your trademark. You should conduct a research and make sure you are not using others' trademark. Preferably, you should register your own trademark. Other matters include... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Business Law, Gaming and Gov & Administrative Law for Louisiana on
Q: Are you required to disclose if you were arrested but never convicted or plead guilty?

I was arrested a while back for marijuana possession and went through a diversion program and the arrest was expunged. What should I do if I forgot to disclose that in filing for a permit with the Mississippi State gaming association as part of an internal auditor application?

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Sep 30, 2021

Even if charge refused and diversion completed, your lawyer needs to FILE a Motion to expunge the arrest.

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming for California on
Q: If a CA tribal casino security finds meth in hotel room can they charge as a smoking fee and not report it to cops?

The casino has charged me and my friends more than the deposit of the disclosure charging some people up to $500 for finding meth in the room. Yet they are not reporting it to authority's so its safe to assume they are making these fees up as hush money and not documenting it for auditors. So... Read more »

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II answered on Sep 21, 2021

Yes, they are supposed to report and then the authorities can arrest you and all your friends for possession of a controlled substance, you can be criminally charged and will have to hire attorneys to defend yourselves. You can end up with criminal convictions on your records which will affect... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming and Patents (Intellectual Property) for California on
Q: How do I patent a sports gambling game? Also should I patent the game or the app?

I want to use my game in an app so do i patent the game or the app?

Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek answered on Sep 21, 2021

It may be easier to patent the app, you'd likely want to get intellectual property rights to both the app and the game.

You really need to hire a patent attorney to go over the specifics with you.

2 Answers | Asked in Gaming and Trademark for Missouri on
Q: Since "Pikachu" is internationally trademarked by Nintendo; could I use the name "Vampikachu" as my stream/channel name?
Linda Liang
Linda Liang answered on Aug 25, 2021

The standard is whether it is confusingly similar. It depends on the service. If it is gaming, you may have a problem. If it is for industry that is far from that, it should be okay. You should work with an attorney to conduct a thorough research before you start.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming and Trademark on
Q: I want to buy the trademark of RetroArch, that is a frontend for emulators, game engines and media players.

What is the price? How much must I pay to LibRetro? I am an autistic.

Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta answered on Aug 14, 2021

You should consult with an attorney, and discuss your needs and options.

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming and Trademark on
Q: Hi I am Naeem from Pakistan and I want to know how to get tradeMarks for Gaming Studio. provide me detail
Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta answered on Aug 13, 2021

You need to consult with an attorney.

Check the for more info.

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming for Alabama on
Q: Based on Alabama statute Section 8-1-150 -can i recover the losses we accrued at an illegal gambling establishment?

Illegal gaming/gambling establishment in bessemer al, at 1317 eastern valley rd known as “valley bingo”, operator name unknown, aka “Moe”, believed to be short for Mohammed. Full name unknown.

Nelson Craig Johnson
Nelson Craig Johnson answered on Aug 4, 2021

It appears as though you could potentially recover losses based on this statutory provision; however, I did not find a case where that statute had been used to do so from an illegal gambling establishment. I am also not sure of the legal ramifications (in a criminal context) for admitting to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright and Gaming for Arizona on
Q: Can I make a fangame legally and distribute it if I don't use the original graphics, sound, or names of characters?

I want to create a fangame based off of the very popular Pokemon franchise from Nintendo, but don't want to be involved in copyright lawsuits. If I create a game with my own monsters which can be caught, battled, level up, and evolve in a world similar to a normal pokemon game, but uses my own... Read more »

Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta answered on Aug 3, 2021

It is an interesting idea

Risky proposition

You must consult with an attorney

2 Answers | Asked in Gaming and Trademark for Florida on
Q: If i make a video game and a corporation has trademark on the name for a board game. How does it work will i thus be TM?

Games name we want to be rebound. But, mattel has a trademark on the word Rebound. What legal action could they take against us we named it such. Or are we safe todo so and name it as we please?

Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta answered on Aug 2, 2021

No, you are not safe

You need to consult with an attorney to understand your risks

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Gaming for New Jersey on
Q: Goodmorning I have a quick question. Will points be put on my license if failure to observe signal?
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq. answered on Jul 31, 2021

Yes Failure to observe a signal is a 2-point ticket. The points will go on your license unless you fight the ticket at court and win. Your best chance of eliminating these points is with a good lawyer representing you for the charge. Even if your guilty of the charge in most cases a good lawyer... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming, Intellectual Property, Patents (Intellectual Property) and Trademark for California on
Q: Are name variations of already existing companies legal?

I had an idea for a company that similarly operates in the same way as AirBnB. But it relates to Dungeons & Dragons, called AirD&D. The basic premise of the company would be that people could post locations that can be rented out for single or ongoing campaigns or game sessions that are... Read more »

Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta answered on Jul 30, 2021

Maybe, depends

You need to have a consultation with an attorney

In general if the marks are in related areas, there may be a conflict

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming for Nevada on
Q: Is it legal to form a LLC(w/ mult members)in the state of Nevada for the purpose of entering casino sportsbook contests?

There would be an Nevada resident and a out of state Resident(s) as well as the LLC members. This would simply be so that any winnings would be declared by LLC and then distributed legally to the members based on ownership. This is not intended to bet sports or gamble in the traditional sense.... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Jul 25, 2021

Perhaps you don't understand that you have asked a Florida law question about Nevada law; you should ask it in Justia > Ask a Lawyer > Florida.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Gaming for Florida on
Q: Can I be charged in Florida for taking my money back in a poker hand that I lost

I was in the hard rock casino Tampa Florida playing poker I have $1900 in front of me I lost the pot my understanding the pot was $900 the dealer made a mistake and flipped all the carts over try to cover his self by saying it was all in bed I got upset because he was lying and took my thousand... Read more »

Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro answered on Jul 18, 2021

You may be charged, the real question is whether they can convict based on the evidence.

2 Answers | Asked in Copyright, Gaming and Intellectual Property for Illinois on
Q: If I want to resell a video game streamers highlights, do I need to obtain licensing from the video game publisher?

If its a case by case basis, what companies require a licensing agreement?

Omar Darwich
Omar Darwich answered on Jul 1, 2021

So you're talking about potential infringement and there are some specific details that need to be discussed.

Your best course of action is to consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.