Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
North Dakota Appeals / Appellate Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Child Custody and Family Law for North Dakota on
Q: My daughter needs to appeal a Child Custody Judgement that was dated July 23, 2020. Im going to file the appeal.

The grand parents intervened after mediation was completed. My daughter lawyer quit because of funding,. so she had no representation at the Zoom trial. The fathers parents had attorney.My daughter and father were never married, his parents took my daughters son when she took a apartment in... View More

Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels
answered on Jul 30, 2020

First, I am not at ND lawyer. That being said, if you have a final judgment--or if there's an exception to the final judgment rule, in either the statutes or appellate court Rules in ND--I would definitely answer yes, you can appeal. But be aware, usually you have 30 days to note the ap peal... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Legal Malpractice for North Dakota on
Q: This case is about me I want to reopen my criminal case and get a new trial based off misrepresentation is that possible

They had several violations of the rules of professional conduct and got disbared because of it if it's possible how do I go about filing papers myself and what forms will I need

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Jan 16, 2019

Many people attempt to do this and fail. More would need to be known about your particular case. You do not want to file a frivolous motion with any court as doing so will just cost you a lot of time and headache. With that being said, if an attorney violated the rules and that resulted in a... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for North Dakota on
Q: Can you get 2nd off intent to deliver meth N.D.C.C. 19-03.1-23(1)(a)(1) if 1st is for 1/8 pot does 19-03.1-22.2 pertain

This is regarding N.D.C.C out of North Dakota.

The first offense was for delivery of 3 grams of marijuana and the charge was dismissed, guilty plea withdrawn and then changed to a plea of not guilty and sealed after all of the probation requirements were met. The judge, states attorney,... View More

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Aug 31, 2018

You are way over your head on this and need a defense attorney. No attorney can give you a real answer until they see the charging documents and evidence. Even if the charging documents made an error, the evidence could negate that error.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Child Custody and Divorce for North Dakota on
Q: I am recently divorced but filed a appeal to get custodial rights so does that mean I’m married or divorced?
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Mar 18, 2018

You're divorced, an appeal won't impact being divorced.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.