Ohio Energy, Oil and Gas Questions & Answers

Q: Mineral rights ownership required to merge two parcels?

1 Answer | Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas and Real Estate Law for Ohio on
Answered on Feb 20, 2018
Joseph Jaap's answer
It depends on when and how the ROW was granted and to whom and for what. The owner of mineral rights might retain the ROW. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to find a local real estate attorney familiar with mineral rights to review the deeds, easements, and any other documents of title to advise you.

Q: The bank will not turn on the water or gas for our inspections contingency. Is this legal?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Energy, Oil and Gas and Consumer Law for Ohio on
Answered on Sep 14, 2017
Joseph Jaap's answer
Consult with the seller. If the seller does not make arrangements with the utilities to allow you to make a full inspection, then you can terminate the contract under your contingency prior to its expiration. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to consult a local real estate attorney to assist you with the contract and purchase issues.

Q: Plaintiff filed a MSJ against co-defendant to quiet a title. Can I file an opposition? If yes, how?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Energy, Oil and Gas for Ohio on
Answered on Aug 21, 2017
Joseph Jaap's answer
Use the Find a Lawyer tab to consult an Ohio attorney who does real estate litigation involving mineral rights to review the situation and advise what to do. If a motion has been filed, there are time limits involved in responding. If you are not a party to the lawsuit, then you need to file. So contact an attorney at once.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.