Oklahoma Agricultural Law Questions & Answers

Q: Who is responsible if you hit a cow on a oklahoma highway

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law and Animal / Dog Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Apr 9, 2019
Kyle Persaud's answer
It depends on the precise facts of the situation.

Q: I have a tractor service I brush hog along the side of roads .and build driveways what color of flashing lights can I ha

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Agricultural Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Mar 16, 2019
Kyle Persaud's answer
To see the rules for what color your lights have to be, click here:


Scroll down to page 434. Beginning on page 434, you see a series of tables that tell the color that lights have to be.

Q: I have a guy who will not move his horses out of a pasture I lease. He has never paid board or bought feed.

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law and Animal / Dog Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Dec 17, 2018
Richard Winblad's answer
4 OK Stat § 4-191 (2017)

Any person employed in feeding, grazing or herding any domestic animals, whether in pasture or otherwise, shall have a lien on said animals for the amount due for such feeding, grazing or herding.

The statutes provide for a means to foreclose that lien. Also be aware of:

Title 21. Crimes and Punishments

Chapter 67 - Injuries to Animals

Animal Facilities Protection Act

Section 1685 - Acts of Cruelty to Animals...

Q: Hit a pig on a state highway. What can I do about my car damage? Livestock owner said the 2 pigs escaped fence.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury, Agricultural Law and Animal / Dog Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Sep 4, 2018
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Get an estimate and have it paid for by farmer or his insurance. Or if you have collision run it through yours and they can,,,,, call farmers (as it were)(sorry).

If you were injured, contact a member of the Oklahoma Assn for Justice--they give free consults.

Q: Jurisdiction: Oklahoma (1) Does a grazing lease need to be notarized and (2) Does a grazing lease need to be filed?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law and Agricultural Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Apr 17, 2018
Richard Winblad's answer
No to both questions but this can be done to protect the lessee.

Q: Am I liable for all injuries that occur on my land?

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Dec 31, 2017
Richard Winblad's answer
Sorry, your question does not provide enough information to provide an answer. It all depends upon the facts.

Q: FSA is refusing to endorse a check for crop sale unless it goes into supervised acct. Holding income hostage.

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Dec 23, 2013
Howard Berkson's answer
First, read your loan agreement and the security agreement and any other contracts you have with FSA or any other parties that might be involved, such as the party that wrote the check. If you are still certain they have no right require you to run funds through a supervised account, then you should consult with an attorney who will ask you more detailed questions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.