Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Rhode Island Foreclosure Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Divorce, Foreclosure and Libel & Slander for Rhode Island on

Q: I'm in foreclosure; can the mortgage co. send my ex-wife a certified notice or would that be considered slander?

The property has always been in my name only & predates the marriage. My ex never lived there; her name was never on any of the paperwork. The divorce final judgment was 10/31/95. Our agreement clearly indicated the property was mine & she has no claim to it.

Neville Bedford answered on Aug 19, 2017

If you have it, bring the notice to the attorney you have retained to assist you in the foreclosure matter.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Rhode Island on

Q: I've heard that there are special foreclosure rules for military service members. Is that true?

Neville Bedford answered on Jan 22, 2017

There are Rules for Soldiers and Sailors that impact many areas of law.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Rhode Island on

Q: would foreclosing after proper notice of a suit has been filed and served on defending lender, would that be a wrongful?

what would the RI Code be for a wrongful foreclosure?

Neville Bedford answered on Oct 25, 2015

This seems like a complex matter that is best addressed in a private consultation with a practicing attorney with all of the relevant documents.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Rhode Island on

Q: Need to find case law in RI Superior court regarding upholding counterclaims against America Home Mortgage.

I am in a judicial foreclosure with a predatory lender and fighting the foreclosure.

Neville Bedford answered on Aug 24, 2015

Superior Court publishes their decisions here:

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Rhode Island on

Q: Is it standard to add spouses to a mortgage foreclosure action when they were not on the note, deed or mortgage?

My husband was married & owned a home with his now ex wife. She foreclosed on the home & my husband & I were added to the judgment.

Neville Bedford answered on Aug 24, 2015

That sounds peculiar, generally banks foreclose and not ex-spouses .. but I suppose it could happen. Bring all the documents to your favorite local family, bankruptcy, consumer law counselor and have them go over all of the documents and correspondence for a precise insight.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Rhode Island on

Q: tenants rights

We are living in a house paying rent to a owner that is being foreclosed the eviction is march 3 my landlord did not tell me found out from a familymember still collecting my monthly rrent what are my rights

Neville Bedford answered on Mar 27, 2015

When you have a problem like this, it is best to see an attorney and retain them to assist you.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Rhode Island on

Q: Why won't my lawyer let me take out a pre-settlement funding loan when he knows I am about to lose my home?

Neville Bedford answered on Jan 25, 2013

This is a good question for your lawyer. Trying to second guess them on the internet is a fool's gambit as the potential reasons may be myriad.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.