South Dakota Immigration Law Questions & Answers

Q: travel abroad LPR, misdemeanor for simple possession of 2 oz or less marijuana, 1yr max sentence, inadmissible?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Immigration Law for South Dakota on
Answered on Mar 12, 2018
Hector E. Quiroga's answer
Yes. The maximum amount you can possess is 30 grams, and 2oz is closer to 50 grams. If you leave you will likely have trouble returning to the US.

Q: Hello, Can I file for green card together with my wife who is now working under TPS status? Thanks

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for South Dakota on
Answered on Aug 3, 2016
Shan Dimitris Potts' answer
You can not apply for a green card for your wife when you do not have one, you did mention you are applying under EB2 but there is no guarantee that your petition might be approved. You can only apply after yours gets approved.

All the best.

-Shan Potts

Like our facebook page for regular immigration and visa updates -

15 years of successful immigration law experience. The answer above is only general in nature cannot be...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.