Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wisconsin Probate Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Probate for Wisconsin on
Q: Can Menoninee Michigan Extradite Me From Marinette Wisconsin If I Absconded From Misdeamenor Probation?

Marinette and menoninee are right next to each other there's a bridge that separates both so they are literally a mile apart

Stephen Pleck Johnson
Stephen Pleck Johnson answered on Sep 13, 2017

Yes, but they usually don't due to cost as it is a misdemeanor. Try to work it out through an attorney and the DA in Michigan.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, White Collar Crime and Probate for Wisconsin on
Q: I was served for a civil suit down in Raleigh, NC. I live in Wisconsin, can I obtain legal services here?

What type of lawyer would best handle my defense in a civil suit? I'm being accused of altering and destroying an original will and committing fraud involving an insurance claim that I'm not in any form listed as a beneficiary. The father of my children was listed as the sole heir. We being sued by... Read more »

William F Sulton Esq.
William F Sulton Esq. answered on Jul 5, 2017

You need a lawyer that specializes in litigation.

1 Answer | Asked in Collections and Probate for Wisconsin on
Q: Can Aurora Health Care automatically send bills for deceased patient to collection agency? It's their new policy.

I received first and only bill for my deceased mothers care May 30. Called for itemized bill June 1 and was told I could not have itemized bill because deceased patient's accounts are blacked out upon death, however, I might be able to get a copy after her account is closed. Then on June 9 I... Read more »

Nathan DeLadurantey
Nathan DeLadurantey answered on Jun 15, 2017

Are they sending the bill to you? Sounds like you need to locate a Wisconsin consumer law lawyer to review the letter for you. They shouldn't charge you anything to review the letter, explain your rights, and give you some advice.

1 Answer | Asked in Probate for Wisconsin on
Q: Does my mother's estate have to go through probate? my father is still alive, everything is held jointly, no debts.
Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi answered on Apr 23, 2017

If indeed EVERYTHING is held jointly WITH RIGHTS OF SURVIVORSHIP then no, probate probably isn't needed.

If there is ONE asset not held that way, things get less clear, but there are probably 'expedited' methods available to handle small accounts or assets.

Seek local legal advice...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Wisconsin on
Q: Wills and trusts

My great grandpa dies back in September 2008 and my uncle was labeled as the trustee and he has simply diluted what was give to me to other family members with in his family also ive been alienated from the family since the passing of my great grandpa. My great grandpa lived in Wisconsin and his... Read more »

Jonathan R. Roth
Jonathan R. Roth answered on Mar 23, 2017

You have to file a Complaint in Wisconsin.

1 Answer | Asked in Probate for Wisconsin on
Q: I live in wisconsin my dad died he had no will his home is paid for . how can i put the home in my name?
Ben F Meek III
Ben F Meek III answered on Mar 17, 2017

To pass title to any real estate he owned, including the house, you will probably have to go through probate proceedings. If he had no Will his heirs at law will inherit according to the succession laws of his state. If you are the sole heir, you will own it alone. There are many unanswered... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.