Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Michael E.D. Templo, Jr.
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Child Support and Civil Litigation on
Q: Can a pending case from Philippines affect the citizenship application?

Good day!

I have a question regarding someone from the Philippines currently residing at West Virginia USA. However, the day he was supposed to receive his warrant of arrest, he was already able to leave the country and go to USA. So my question is, will his pending case here in the... Read more »

Michael E.D. Templo, Jr.
Michael E.D. Templo, Jr. answered on Nov 4, 2020

This person may have committed misrepresentation in his immigrant visa application by not disclosing that he has a pending criminal case. If this is so, then it will be an issue when he applies for citizenship in the future.

With regard to your claim for child support, you should speak to a...
Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for New Hampshire on
Q: What does it mean "Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review." I have filed for my spouse on Sept2019
Michael E.D. Templo, Jr.
Michael E.D. Templo, Jr. answered on Oct 7, 2020

Your application is being processed. Broadly speaking, when you send in a form to USCIS to petition someone, extend or change your immigration status, etc., you are essentially “requesting for an immigration benefit”. It’s immigration “lingo”.

I hope you get to reunite with your...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Massachusetts on
Q: What the meaning of a question from I-130 form (WAS THE BENEFICIARY EVER IN IMMIGRATION PROCEEDINGS?)
Michael E.D. Templo, Jr.
Michael E.D. Templo, Jr. answered on Oct 4, 2020

It means whether the person being petitioned (beneficiary) was ever in removal, deportation, or any other proceeding required under immigration law to ensure due process.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for New Jersey on
Q: Can I revoke my spouse citizenship and send my spouse back to country. I feel like cheated for citizenship and creating

My spouse start creating the problem after he become a US Citizen and I didn’t get married to him for this. I like to send him back to his country and revoke his citizenship. Please suggest.

Michael E.D. Templo, Jr.
Michael E.D. Templo, Jr. answered on Oct 3, 2020

Sleep on it. Make sure your head is clear. Decisions made based on emotion more often than not lead to regret.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law on
Q: If I have some one in USA who has a well established company can he helps to get green card for me by offering a job

He is my relative and around 70 people working under back ground is business development in banking for last 15 years in Dubai.

Michael E.D. Templo, Jr.
Michael E.D. Templo, Jr. answered on Oct 3, 2020

Based on the info you provided, it’s possible as long as the following exist: (1) it’s a bona fide job offer; (2) you will be paid the correct or prevailing wage; (3) you are qualified based on your education and experience; (4) and his company is not reliant on foreign workers. There will most... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.