Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Scott L. Levine
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Pennsylvania on
Q: How do you go about having an ex spouse removed from a deed that is not on the mortgage?

This was a no fault divorce, so nothing was stated in the divorce decree. She lives in the home and during the divorce, verbally stated she would make the payments. Since the divorce, she has remarried and has promised numerous times that she was going to refinance to get the mortgage in their... View More

Scott L. Levine
Scott L. Levine
answered on Apr 26, 2021

If there was no Settlement Agreement executed in this case and neither party filed a count for Equitable Distribution during the Divorce, the remedy now is most likely a Complaint for Partition.

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody for Pennsylvania on
Q: Does the closure of PA schools mean the school year has ended and we should start end of School year custody?

Optional school activities are being offered and mother has right to care for children on school holidays and snow days

Scott L. Levine
Scott L. Levine
answered on Apr 14, 2020

Every county is issuing updated directives. One that was just issued is copied below: “In Westmoreland County, there have been questions from counsel and litigants pertaining to Governor Wolf's directive closing all schools in PA for the remainder of the school year and whether that will... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: How do i sign away my parental rights without having to pay any child support.

5 year old son.

I've only seen him for about 9 months of his life.

The mother makes my life a living hell and it will be easier for me emotionally just to have no part of his life seeing as the mother and her husband have been raising him since he was born.

Scott L. Levine
Scott L. Levine
answered on Apr 12, 2020

If everyone agreed, mom’s new husband could do a step-parent adoption, which would end your parental rights and support obligation.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support and Family Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: In the divorce decree, it states that we both waive child support and alimony. Can I (a year later) change my mind?

We share 50/50 custody, and he makes significantly more money than me. At the time, I just wanted the divorce to be over, and I didn’t educate myself about child support. But after more than a year of supporting myself and my 3 kids, money is kind of tight, and I want to know if I can file for... View More

Scott L. Levine
Scott L. Levine
answered on Apr 7, 2020

You can file for child support. Regardless of what agreement says, support for children can’t be waived.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: I only get 20 hours a week i cant afford to pay it im late will i go to jailor loose my driving privaleges
Scott L. Levine
Scott L. Levine
answered on Apr 2, 2020

If you are referring to your ability to pay child support because of a reduction in hours at your job during this unprecedented time, you are not alone. Many people paying child support have questions about what to do if they lose their job or have their hours cut as a result of the Covid-19 global... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.