Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Mr Frankie Adamo Esq
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law, Landlord - Tenant and Small Claims for Arizona on
Q: Apartment switched property management companies after my lease ended... which one do I sue?

I'm filing a small claim against my previous apartment complex to get my unreturned security deposit.

The complex employed a new property management company AFTER I moved out.

Do I sue the property management company that was used when I signed the original lease or the new... Read more »

Mr Frankie Adamo Esq
Mr Frankie Adamo Esq answered on Jun 11, 2020

Generally, in landlord/tenant cases, you sue the landlord (or property owner) - not the property management company or property manager. The property manager typically is not the property owner and merely the landlord's agent who at all times is acting on behalf of the landlord. If the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Arizona on
Q: can a landlord deduct late charges 1-4yrs after rent dates to deduct from deposit after move out

my now former landlord has sent me a list of deduction from the deposit, some of them being an accumulation of late charges from late rent payments, he never at those times asked or sent me letters to make payment, he was always flexible asking for just communication. now that i have decided not to... Read more »

Mr Frankie Adamo Esq
Mr Frankie Adamo Esq answered on Apr 24, 2018

Generally, landlords are able to deduct late charges from security deposit funds after a tenant moves, and they don't need to give any notice that the late fee is owed it because the lease indicates that it is owed. ARS s. 33-1321(D) ("security may be applied to the payment of all rent,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law for Arizona on
Q: my dog was taken 3 years ago we found him but people wont give him back what can i do legally

a lady picked my dog up when he got out said she had a client take him to the pound. we have been searching for 3yrs. found him with the same lady that said she gave him to client and she wont give him back what can i do legally

Mr Frankie Adamo Esq
Mr Frankie Adamo Esq answered on Apr 24, 2018

Before we begin, how do you know that the "lady" did not bring the dog to the pound and, after a period of time has past, simply adopted the dog? Sadly, animals that are in the pound too long without being adopted are subject to euthanized. Often, the person bringing the dog to the pound... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Arizona on
Q: How do I contact the ninth circuit court to file a for an extension for me S S appeal

Run out of time unable to get an attorney

Mr Frankie Adamo Esq
Mr Frankie Adamo Esq answered on May 2, 2015

Start with the Court's web site: They have guides and forms there to assist you with requesting an extension.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Arizona on
Q: Is a verbal agreement between two people enforceable. Amount being $9400.00 ?

He mentioned going to Nevada to work with his father so I asked him to meet with me at his house in order to have me put on the Title as Lien Holder, when I arrived he was gone and his mother answered the door. I explained what we had agreed on also that he stated his mother was to get $500.00 on... Read more »

Mr Frankie Adamo Esq
Mr Frankie Adamo Esq answered on May 2, 2015

Generally, verbal agreements are enforceable, unless they involve one of several types of contracts listed here: Arizona Revised Statutes, section 44-101, then the agreement must be in writting. Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Arizona on
Q: My ex fiance signed an agreement but it wasnt notarized. Two days later he said he changed his mind.

In the agreement he signed that he will pay me $1,200 a month until I secure employment. I have been taking care of him for over a year as he has a terminal illness. I gave up my job, home and moved to cities to care for him. He has limited time left and wanted to ensure I wasnt left homeless, so... Read more »

Mr Frankie Adamo Esq
Mr Frankie Adamo Esq answered on May 2, 2015

Generally, notarization is not required to enter a binding agreement. Some agreements (oral agreements) which are binding do not even have a signature.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Arizona on
Q: I am selling my house and the capital gain is $175,000. There is a judgement against me worth of $50,000.

According to the Homestead Act in Arizona I can keep 150,000 and everything else goes for the judgement. Is this true?

Mr Frankie Adamo Esq
Mr Frankie Adamo Esq answered on May 14, 2013

Yes. It is true. See ARS 33-1101. However, the "homestead exemption in identifiable cash proceeds continues for eighteen months after the date of the sale of the property or until the person establishes a new homestead with the proceeds, whichever period is shorter." ARS 33-1101(C). So,... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.