Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Bryan Joseph Fagan

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Texas on

Q: Daughter deceased want court ordered visitation. Father is giving less time for me to spend time with them.

Can I do this? He lives with his parents. And has for the past 4 years.

Bryan Joseph Fagan answered on Jul 19, 2018

If your child is no longer living then you can bring a suit affecting parent-child relationship and ask for grandparent rights.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas on

Q: My ex isn’t letting me see my child as agreed upon. What can I do?

Bryan Joseph Fagan answered on Jul 19, 2018

If there is a child custody order you can bring an enforcement of that order. If there is no order you will need to get child custody orders.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas on

Q: Even though there were no geographic restrictions in the decree can I still challenge a relocation of my children?texas

Bryan Joseph Fagan answered on Jul 19, 2018

Yes you will need to file a petition to modify the divorce decree.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Texas on

Q: We went through mediation, but my husband now refuses to sign the divorce decree. What can I do?

We both signed the mediation agreement. Can I get divorced even though he won't sign the decree?

Bryan Joseph Fagan answered on Jul 19, 2018

if one party refuses to sign a final decree of divorce that will be drafted by one party based on the M.S.A. Whatever their reasons may be, the party that does sign the decree will need to set a hearing to explain to the court what the situation is.

The party that refuses to sign the decree...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support and Family Law for Texas on

Q: I am 35yrs old, can I force my father legally to take a paternity test, against his free will to do so?

My father still refuses to take a paternity test for me, even now that I'm grown. He's afraid it will damage his name, reputation, and possibly cost him to be removed from the hall of fame for boxing if it comes back positive. And it will. What can I do about this? And if my results come back... Read more »

Bryan Joseph Fagan answered on Jul 19, 2018


Under Section 160.606:

A proceeding to adjudicate the parentage of a child having no presumed, acknowledged, or adjudicated father may be commenced at any time, including after the date:

Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Texas on

Q: I want to take my children out of the country,they need a passport, the father wont agree can I file for sole custody?

Bryan Joseph Fagan answered on Jul 19, 2018

You could file for sole custody. However, filing asking for passport language in your decree would probably be easier.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.