Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Zainab Major Brown

1 Answer | Asked in Probate for Georgia on

Q: My deceased mother and her sister and brothers were willed a family house, do her children automatically receive her's?

Zainab Major Brown answered on Apr 1, 2018

They might. However, the answer will depend on the exact wording of the bequest in the Will.

3 Answers | Asked in Probate for Georgia on

Q: Considering Ga survivorship rules can I get a deed transferred to my name without going through probate court?

Husband recently passed, our home was solely in his name & my name was never added to the property deed. Mortgage company has advised that I can assume mortgage/home once I submit a transfer deed in my name. Since husband is deceased this simple process is now confusing. I would like to get home in... Read more »

Zainab Major Brown answered on Feb 21, 2018

The transfer can still be simple. However, it must be done through the probate court. You should speak to an attorney for help with this.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Probate for Georgia on

Q: My grandfather passed with no will. His girlfriend is refusing to give us his personal belongings. What can we do?

Zainab Major Brown answered on Feb 14, 2018

Consult a lawyer concerning the appointment of a temporary administrator. A temporary administrator has limited court authority generally to collect and protect the assets of the estate.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.