Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Anwar Sadat Montgomery

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Texas on

Q: I need a lawyer regarding a car accident in tx

Anwar Sadat Montgomery answered on Oct 3, 2018

Were you injured in the accident? If so, you can reach out to a personal injury lawyer (or two) to discuss your options. Almost every personal injury law firm in Texas offers free consultations by phone or email. On the other hand, if you're concerned about a citation you received because of the... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Texas on

Q: The woman who hit my car claimed the only reason she swerved into me was because a coffee she'd ordered from a fast food

place spilled and scalded her. She says I need to sue the restaurant, not her. Is this true?

Anwar Sadat Montgomery answered on Jul 6, 2018

No. Your claim is against the negligent driver. McDonald's owed no duty to you. SHE may have a separate claim of her own against McDonald's, but that doesn't concern you as they were not party to the accident.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Texas on

Q: How long after an accident can you still file a lawsuit against the other driver?

Anwar Sadat Montgomery answered on Jun 25, 2018

In Texas, you generally have two years (from the date of injury) until the statute of limitations runs. There are a lot of additional factors involved though, so I strongly recommend seeking out a free consultation with an attorney in your area who can advise you how best to move forward.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Texas on

Q: Had a car accident yesterday. There were no physical injury. I am looking to sue the person that hit me.

My car is less than a year old and due to the accident, the value of my car will decrease significantly. I do not need a personal injury lawyer since there is not physical injury. What of lawyer would I need for this process?

Anwar Sadat Montgomery answered on May 10, 2018

I would recommend searching for an attorney who handles "diminished value" property damage claims in El Paso. The bad part is that you may find it difficult to find an attorney who will take such a case on contingency (no-win no-fee), but there's no harm in reaching out to a couple of law firms for... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.