Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Marshall J Goff
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Probate for Mississippi on
Q: I am on parol in Mississippi I broke my least and landlord said I owe $5600 is this effect anything
Marshall J Goff
Marshall J Goff answered on Jul 21, 2019

Only way I could see this affecting your parole is if you broke your lease and moved without letting your Parole Officer know of your new address. I would consult a Mississippi attorney to attempt to further delve into the situation.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Mississippi on
Q: Foreign national, CEO and founder of a US 501c3 nonprofit - What are my immigration options other than B1 visa?

Hello guys - I am a young woman from humble beginnings living with a disability since age 2 - who one day was blessed enough to be awarded a prestigious US department of States scholarship. While in the US I founded a nonprofit, that will later help me drive changes in my land. I left the US years... Read more »

Marshall J Goff
Marshall J Goff answered on Jul 21, 2019

There are certain visa options that are different than the B1/B2 visa which would allow you to come to the United States to work with your non-profit, but many have limited circumstances in which they apply. I would consult an attorney who is well versed in these issues to discuss further.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Mississippi on
Q: Yesterday IV got 3 Mississippi. but I live in texas. 1. Speed 2. No proff of insurance 3. careless driving

My question is the officer give me the date to appear in court

But instead of going there, can I call at the phone and accept the charge of those 3 tickets the total charge.

Or do I have to back to court in Mississippi .?

Marshall J Goff
Marshall J Goff answered on Jul 21, 2019

Most counties in Mississippi will allow you to waive appearance and pay the tickets in full in order to avoid coming back to Mississippi. Depending on the circumstances, this could be an option for you. I would contact a Mississippi attorney to discuss this further.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi on
Q: My brother has been locked up for 9 months. Hasn't been indicted yet. Court date is in Sept. What happens after his 270?

I'm in a different state. Just looking for any help I can get.

Marshall J Goff
Marshall J Goff answered on Jul 21, 2019

The speedy trial right needs to be invoked by the defendant (your brother) and hopefully already was invoked at the time of his initial appearance. However, it is routine in certain counties for a defendant to wait beyond 270 days to obtain a trial.

Depending on his charges, he could ask...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for Oregon on
Q: My Colombian wife is visiting on a B1/B2 tourist visa. Will she have to leave to apply and do the fiancee visa process?
Marshall J Goff
Marshall J Goff answered on Jul 21, 2019

In short, her B1/B2 visa was given to her for tourist purposes. In order to get that visa, she had to show that she had non-immigrant intent, which means she did not intend to stay in the United States permanently.

This is important, because if she tried to adjust status while still in the...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.