Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Shaun Khojayan
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Federal Crimes for Virginia on
Q: We are in California my boyfriend is getting picked up the feds to be taken to Virginia. But we do not know what part?

It is a federal case and we need help finding a lawyer for his case out in Virginia.

Shaun Khojayan
Shaun Khojayan answered on Nov 28, 2017

Hello. If you contact my office I can discuss with you. I handle federal criminal defense cases. Thank you.

Shaun Khojayan

800 274-4290

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Indiana on
Q: has my son's riggt to speedy trial been violated?

hw has been detained for over 1 year and has not had even a pretrial hearing and the federal prosecuter has pushed his clouer date back thrwe times and now its feb. he told my sons att. he had bigger fish to fry and i quote.

Shaun Khojayan
Shaun Khojayan answered on Nov 14, 2017

If you waive your right to a speedy trial then the set trial date is proper. However, the AUSA can only in rare circumstances cause the trial to be delayed. You would have to object or move for a dismissal to preserve your objection. The specifics of the situation would have to be examined.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: If I have a criminal court case can I go see the judge before the date
Shaun Khojayan
Shaun Khojayan answered on Oct 28, 2017

No, sorry you cannot and should not contact the judge directly. However, your attorney can contact the AUSA to discuss your case early and not wait until the arraignment.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Immigration Law for California on
Q: Can citizenship be revoked for felony?

Person detained for some grand theft charges. He had a falling out with a client. They had come to an agreement and both signed a settlement. 6 months later a warrant was put out. It has now been over a year. He did not know of the charges or the warrant. He had not been served, did not receive... Read more »

Shaun Khojayan
Shaun Khojayan answered on Oct 27, 2017

One can only have their citizenship revoked if there was any fraud in the application process when applying for the U.S. citizenship including not disclosing any crimes at the time. It is a complex question as to what qualifies to revoke someone's citizenship. The lawyer you hire would need... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Nebraska on
Q: Does there need to be a Possession, or controlled buy in order to be indicted?

My friend is indicted because a few people who were already indicted, said he sold them drugs. All are false. Doesn't there need to be more evidence?

Shaun Khojayan
Shaun Khojayan answered on Oct 27, 2017

There does not need to a actual possession or a controlled buy in order to be indicted for example a conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance or the aiding and abetting the distribution of a controlled substance. All the elements of each crime still have to be proven beyond a reasonable... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Estate Planning, Federal Crimes and Probate for Iowa on
Q: I am on probation am I able to bow hunt for deer?
Shaun Khojayan
Shaun Khojayan answered on Oct 27, 2017

It depends on the terms of your probation and your particular case. For example, if the crime for which you are on probation involves hunting wildlife on federal lands then probation may include the condition that prohibits hunting including by bow. However, if you are generally asking whether... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.