Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Anie N. Akbarian
2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Family Law for California on
Q: Hi, I recently got engaged and we are talking about creating a prenup, but don't know where to start.

We have both been married before, no children, and have no financial obligations resulting from the marriges. I have a few properties, a business, an inheritance coming in the near future as well as the distant future. She has recently received an inheritance and is expecting more in the immediate... Read more »

Anie N. Akbarian
Anie N. Akbarian answered on Dec 8, 2016

Congratulation! You are both thinking in the right direction. Prenuptial agreements is not just an agreement, it is a communication tool, by which not only you protect your assets but also eliminate expensive and costly divorces. The average cost can range anywhere from $2500.00 and up. I prefer... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for California on
Q: I live in CA, my husband got physical custody of my son and moved to GA. He recently passed. How do i get custody?

We started the custody and divorce procedure but on the final court date neither one of us showed up so we never got divorced. California also retains jurisdiction over my son. The clerk told me the case is still open. He recently passed away and my mother-in-law won't respond to my calls. My... Read more »

Anie N. Akbarian
Anie N. Akbarian answered on Nov 8, 2016

As long as the California Court has jurisdiction over the minor child then, you will be able file a Request for Order with accompanying documents and get a court order to enforce custody rights. However, I will strongly advise that you seek legal representation as there are many unanswered... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Domestic Violence for California on
Q: I am in need of a family law specialist for a court date in Van Nuys on 10/25/2016

i need to respond to a domestic violence restraining order. I am looking for representation.

Thank you

Anie N. Akbarian
Anie N. Akbarian answered on Oct 25, 2016

In the event you are unable to obtain an attorney and timely respond to the allegations in the restraining order, you may ask the court for a brief continuance.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: 50 50 in jail.domestic violence..can I change my daughter's school? Since I have sole custody as of current

Ex baby mamma and me have 50 50custody over my daughter in October 20th 2016. We got in a big argument where she attacked me and almost threw me off a second story balcony...she was arrested that night on domestic violence and vandalism charges..I filed for restraining order and full custody.I got... Read more »

Anie N. Akbarian
Anie N. Akbarian answered on Oct 25, 2016

Since there is a 50/50 custody orders in place and due to change of circumstances, the court will look at the best interest of your daughter and not necessarily yours. The court's will look at your daughter's age and her ties to the school, etc. Before making any changes, consider the... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for California on
Q: I need to dismiss my attorney? Can I fired him without me getting in trouble?
Anie N. Akbarian
Anie N. Akbarian answered on Oct 20, 2016

You have the right to dismiss your attorney at any time. However, it may get tricky specially if you have a trial date approaching because you may have a difficult time to obtain a new attorney. You may want to consider securing an new attorney before dismissing your present attorney or at least... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.