Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Jo Ann Linzer
2 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Employment Discrimination for Texas on
Q: My criminal history is being used illiegaly to deny me an opportunity for employment to better myself who do it tellntx

I have 6 felonies4 of witch are sexual no convictions or arrests since 2008 no trucking company will touch me and iv had several of them tell me blatantly that I am disqualified from employment for my offenses

Jo Ann Linzer
Jo Ann Linzer
answered on Nov 23, 2022

Although you cannot expunge or non-disclose felony convictions, you should contact an attorney to review your criminal history with you and determine if there is anything that can be done to clean up your record. However, if I am reading your question correctly and you have 4 convictions for... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on
Q: I have a pending 2nd degree felony with a $25,000 fine , do I need a lawyer?

I bought edibles in Colorado state in a legal store. I was with 2 friends and the person driving MY car got us pulled over for speeding and the officer did a search to find her driver's license. Also what happens if I don't get a lawyer and represent myself in court ?

Jo Ann Linzer
Jo Ann Linzer
answered on Nov 22, 2022

I agree with Penny that you need to retain a lawyer. The range of punishment for this offense will depend on what substance is in the edibles and on the amount that were in the car. An attorney can review the discovery and assess the evidence to determine if there was probable cause for the... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: What are the possible punishments for my Misdemeanor charge of Discharge A Firearm in Metro Area. First time offense

Nobody was hurt and no property was damaged. Just shooting for fun

Jo Ann Linzer
Jo Ann Linzer
answered on Nov 15, 2022

There is a crime in Texas called Discharge of a Firearm in Certain Municipalities which sounds like what you are describing. This is a Class A misdemeanor which has a range of punishment of a fine not to exceed $4,000 and/or confinement in jail for no more than one year. With no criminal history... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.