Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Benjamin W. Glass III
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Civil Litigation for Virginia on
Q: If a Lawyer does a terrible job, and I appeal and win, do I have to pay that lawyer full fees or can I arrange something

I really need to catch up on my debt since my vehicle motor accident, I had ruttermills at first and the judge awarded me, but only about 30% of the debt and fees. I filed an appeal and immediately as I did that Rutter Mills decline to represent me so I've been doing everything since then on... View More

Benjamin W.   Glass III
Benjamin W. Glass III
answered on Apr 5, 2022

It sounds like you had a personal injury case and hired a personal injury law firm that was probably charging you on a contingent fee basis. You won the case but were disappointed with the award. The award can be based on a number of issues, so its impossible to judge, from the award, whether the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Virginia on
Q: Can I have an out of state attorney for a car accident?

I have been struck twice at no fault of Mine and the defendants are lying so the case is tough and local virginia attorneys are....disappointing to Me. I need representation and thus case is super important. Can I ask out if state or atleast gain some legal aid for personal injury???

Benjamin W.   Glass III
Benjamin W. Glass III
answered on Apr 2, 2022

yes, sure, you should get right attorney for your case, no matter where you live. If you find an attorney not licensed in VA that attorney may need to associate with VA counsel, but you have the right to look anywhere.

2 Answers | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Civil Litigation for Virginia on
Q: Can I ask the insurance co to settle myself without a lawyer? Also do I have to fill out interrogatories with no lawyer?

I was struck by two people in a car accident at no fault of mine. But there were no credible Witnesses besides us. I was injured, and have medical debt and lost wages. not to mention scoliosis so my pain is pretty deep. No lawyers around here are brave enough I guess to take on a case with no... View More

Benjamin W.   Glass III
Benjamin W. Glass III
answered on Apr 2, 2022

You have the right to represent yourself. The fact that you have not been able to find an attorney has nothing to do with their "bravery" but may be an indication that your case is weak. You can try to negotiate the case yourself, sure.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.