Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Alan Solomon
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for District of Columbia on
Q: Can a parent take child away from nonparent if they didn't raise him?

I have my cousins child and she wants him back. We didn't go to court.

Alan Solomon
Alan Solomon
answered on Jun 17, 2018

Yes unless you have a court order for custody, parents have superior rights. If the natural parents are harmful to the child go file an emergency motion. If it is simply not in child's best interest file for custody immediately

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Maryland on
Q: My sons father still lives with me and refuses to give me any money towards anything
Alan Solomon
Alan Solomon
answered on Jun 3, 2018

You can file for child support and if you are not married and his name is not on lease then give him notice to vacate

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Maryland on
Q: Whats is the purpose of duces tecum
Alan Solomon
Alan Solomon
answered on Jun 2, 2018

The purpose is to get documents from the opposing party

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Maryland on
Q: If my husband got our apartment as a benefit for working with the company, can he go to the rental office to move?

To another property without me and the children? He wants to separate but what does that mean for me and the kids?

Alan Solomon
Alan Solomon
answered on Jun 1, 2018

Yes but if he does that you will have 30 days to go to court and ask for support

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Divorce for Maryland on
Q: My husband got caught on a dating app and now wants a divorce, he also wants me and the kids to leave. What are my righ

He works for the company and feel like its his apartment but both our names are on the lease. Can I file for spousal support if I make more than him?

Alan Solomon
Alan Solomon
answered on Jun 1, 2018

You do not need to leave. You should each get a lawyer and negotiate who should leave in the best interest of the children

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Public Benefits for Maryland on
Q: How can i change my daughter's last name ? she is almost 3 years old.And how long is taking to get new last name ?
Alan Solomon
Alan Solomon
answered on May 31, 2018

You need to file a petition in court to change her name and provide notice to the father. If he objects ere will be a hearing

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.